Quote Originally Posted by Spender
If the prophecy said the the population would reach that number on that date. THEN it would be impressive. But no, It was bound to reach 6,666,666,666 sometime. If the number of the beast was 6,689,324 you'd flip out when it reached that too. If I predicted that rain on the last Friday of a month was a sign of the end times, eventually it would happen and I could say its a sign of the end times. What you need to understand here is nothing extraordinary has happened.
Though God could do it easily enough in His creation, it would contradict His word which says nobody knows when Jesus will return. He comes like a thief in the night. To me a contradiction is not impressive but unethical. Silly hypotheticals and naturally reoccurring events are meaningless for prophecy, but the mark of the beast is not. Did you know the entire bar code that identifies a person and all his major characteristics are in these 3 sets of 666's, and the one 6 represents the continent? This is extraordinary. You just weren't looking at in the proper light. Each group of 666s together represent a way to break down all human being on the planet.