The Lord calls to all, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.... If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink" (Matt. 11.28; John 7.37).

Dave Breese writes, "If grace were irresistible, one fails to understand even the reason for preaching the gospel...." Certainly it would be absurd for God to plead with men to repent and believe, if they cannot, since they would have to be irresistibly caused to do so.

Irresistible Grace is essential in the unrepentant Calvinist theory of salvation. Sadly, though, this doctrine leads to the denial of God's love, mercy, and grace as revealed in Scripture. What love is it to impose this kind of grace not on everyone?

God of the Bible is quite different, whose "tender mercies are over all his works" (Ps. 145.9) and who "would have all men be saved" (1 Tim. 2.4).

Hodge declares, "According to the Augustinian scheme, the non-elect have all the advantages and opportunities of securing their salvation..." The mockery and contradiction is abhorrent! What advantages and opportunities for salvation do those have from whom God withholds the regeneration and irresistible grace without which Calvinists say no one can believe unto salvation, for whom Christ didn't die, and whom He predestined to eternal doom before they were born?

Furthermore, how can such persons be justly held accountable? Should a paraplegic be faulted for failing to become a world-class gymnast? Yet we are told by the Calvinist that God's perfect justice operates in this fashion. Dave Hunt writes, "Tragically, Calvinism's misrepresentation of God has caused many to turn away from God as from a monster."

In fact, those who are regenerated under Calvinism don't even realize it, so there was no prior repentance before regeneration. What kind of salvation is this? Should we consider this Christianity? or Insanity?