Christ died to save all mankind. "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19.10). "Christ died for the ungodly" (Rom. 5.6). "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" (1 Tim. 1.15). There is no suggestion that only a certain elect group among the "lost...ungodly...[and] sinners" is intended. There is simply no qualifier.

Surely the idea that such general language actually specifies a select "elect" would never be imagined without previous indoctrination into Calvinism. Yet White sees in such verses "the particularity that is so vehemently denied by the Arminian." How obnoxious! What justification is there for changing "sinners" to "some sinners"?

White embarrasses himself when he quotes Paul, "I am crucified with Christ...the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me" (Gal. 2.20), as proof that "sinners" and "ungodly" mean particular sinners. On the contrary, Paul is giving a personal testimony of his own faith in Christ; it cannot be used to place a limitation on God for mankind. That Jesus loves me and gave himself for me, does not mean He doesn't love the world and did not die for all. How absurd!

Of course the Bible talks about those who are saved also: "the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all...Christ died for our sins...tht we might be made the righteousness of God in him...who gave himself for our sins...hast redeemed us to God by thy blood" (Is. 53.6; 1 Cor. 15.3; 2 Cor. 15.21; Gal. 1.4; Rev. 5.9). The fact that there are members of the body of Christ in no way nullifies the many verses that just as clearly say that Christ died for all. Arminius reconciled all these sets of verses.

Christ's purpose for coming into the world was to save sinners. That all sinners are not saved is not because Christ did not pay for their sins, but because all do not accept that payment. White assumes the reason all sinners don't get saved is because the sinners Christ came to save could only be the elect.

To sustain that argument, however, one would have to change the meaning of hundreds of other Bible verses as well. Jesus himself declared, "I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repent" (Matt. 9.13). All sinners do not repent, so the Calvinist is compelled to say that Christ only calls some sinners to repentance, or else His call is in vain.

Only Calvinism claims this because only Calvinism requires it. God sends his prophets to plead day and night to repent, yet God only wants some people to repent? God doesn't want other people to repent? What an evil proposition! Are you so bored with Christianity that you have to concoct this absurdity?

Many Calvinists do not repent of many things even though they think they are saved. Are we to believe God doesn't want them to repent either? Calvinism turns the loving and compassionate pleadings of God and Christ with sinners into a sham, reflecting their unsalvation. It is not easy to convince a Calvinist to be saved who thinks he is saved when he is not. If a person enters into a false salvation then that is what he wants, so to convince him otherwise is effectively moving a mountain. But from time to time God sees fit to touch the heart of a Calvinist and regenerate him with His life so he no longer is a Calvinist.