Remonstrants are those Arminians who rejected John Calvin and Augustine and the later Counter-Remonstrants. Their third point is that man cannot “think, will or do anything that is truly good,” and that includes “saving faith,” but must be regenerated. They sure sound a lot like calvinists, because if you can’t will to think and do by coming to the cross as a helpless sinner by saving faith (justified by faith alone in Christ alone), since you are not regenerated then that is the teaching of needing to be saved before you can believe (unconditional election, limited atonement, irresistible grace). My belief is that we are deprave but not totally deprave, so though we can’t do anything (actually, except one thing) truly good before being saved; nonetheless, we can do one thing which is come to the cross, for God gave us this one “out,” otherwise the cross was given for automatons in vain to “whosoever believeth”. I believe the gift of faith is available to us all by being made in His image, except some don’t access it because they don’t come to God with an honest heart for God’s Holy Spirit to make it known to them.

If a true calvinist is born-again, then I don’t want to be saved. As it is on earth so it is in heaven.

In a previous century under calvinism-state controlled enterprises, I would have had my goods confiscated, been imprisoned or banished, or burned to death for religious heresy. The same would have happened to me under the Roman Church for teaching once-saved-always-saved, popery and intermediary priesthood are heresy, the sacraments are not physical signs of grace, infant baptism does not provide salvation, and the 1000 years has not started yet.

Today, all you get is a banning on a forum or excommunication from a denomination you were not part of to begin with. Funny eh? As corrupted as the world is, there is so much corruption in the sphere of the kingdom of heaven (Christendom), you are left with the only conclusion the body of Christ, the true Church, is a very little flock, one here, one there, spread out about the globe.