I am leaning agnostic, as I find the fallibility of man never seems to falter, and it is difficult for me to fathom the world as it exists having come from an infallible being, though I by no means reject this premise.

I have some questions regarding the historicity of the Bible, though none regarding the existence of Jesus, as, whether or not he was the Messiah, he almost certainly existed.

I have a deep interest in ethics, many tenets of which I feel can be derived from outside any religious context, and one of my hang-ups with the Bible comes from the atrocities (by modern standards) perpetrated by God in the Old Testament.

I am interested in intellectual discussion with Christians who are not only Christian but Christ-like in their actions and worldview, and hope this forum can be the source of meaningful discussion, and that I will not be treated as a fool for my notions. I do not think religion is a problem, nor do I have any problems with it, or people accepting things as fact based upon faith, however, in discussions, it does not seem like a valid logical connection to say that since I do not subscribe to the idea of biblical infallibility, I cannot contribute anything meaningful to conversation.

Best wishes,
Stis