Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
Should anyone tell you: "You must keep the law, you must keep the Sabbath day", you ought to realize that if you try to keep one single item in the book of law you unwittingly declare that Christ has not died for you, and therefore you cast away the work of Christ.
To which I ask, if I ever love God or my neighbor, which are items in the book of the law, by doing so then do I declare, as you assert, that Christ has not died for me, and I have also casted away the work of Christ? So then are you saying we are not to keep the command to love God or our neighbor? I hope not. :)

I have no problem you saying you are under the law, but you contradict God's Word if you then say you are a Christian.
Agreed. For to be under the law is to be under the curse of the law, is to be condemned, is to be unsaved. That is what "under the law means" condemned. Just because one chooses to love God, however, doesn't mean they are "under the law." Instead "under the law" is a condition, not an action. It's a condition of being condemned as a sinner, and it does not mean that it is the actions of obedience to God's commandments such as "love the LORD your God." For if to be under the law is to obey the law, then all Christians who love their neighbor are under the law! But this is not the case, because obedience to God's commandments is not the definition of being "under the law." On the contrary, one who is under the law is most likely one who is actually NOT obeying God's commandments at all, for he is unregenerate!

Christians don't reject the law, we accept Christ came to fill up the law. Messianics Judaize Christianity. Christians don't despise Christianity.
Sadly the Messianic you were dealing with totally misses the mark of how to address this issue, and probably fails to realize that even Christians obey the law if they too love God!

Christians don't follow so-called church fathers, for the Bible says call no man your father. Messianics reject the teachings of the Apostles and that the Messiah already came.
On the contrary, some who claim to be Messianic may reject the teachings of the Apostles, but not the one's I know. In fact, the Apostle Paul is our chief spokesperson. On a side note, Jesus wasn't saying that one couldn't call their own dad, "Father." The exception nullifies the supposed rule. Instead in context he was addressing disciples calling their rabbis "Father" per the wacked Jewish tradition to honor one's rabbis more than one's own father.

Christians remember Jesus was resurrected on Sunday and often congregate on the day of resurrection to breaking bread and fellowship. This is a fact, it is the first day of the week, a new day wholly unlike the day that was to be kept for Israel (Sabbath as a sign of covenant with God) of the old covenant. The day of resurrection is also the 8th day of the week. 8 stands for resurrection.
Actually, just for a point of fact, Jesus rose on the Feast of Firstfruits, as the firstfruit of the living, and this day is on a different day of the week every year.

The NT says anything can be eaten if it is healthy for us.
I am not exactly sure where that is found in the apostolic writings.

Messianics reject how Jesus came to fill up the law so that they no longer need be under the old covenant.
To be "under the law" is to be cursed, ie, to be condemned, ie, to be unregenerate. It's a condition, not an action.

Messianics pray to the Devil.

Messianics worship the devil, refuse the Apostles who died on the cross with Christ and were martyred for this testimony of resurrection life.
I am interested in how you arrive at that conclusion.

Messianics seek to divide the body of Christ by attaching themselves to things of Christianity, but they really are unsaved and hell bound because they are trying to Judaize Christianity by trying to keep the law rather than accepting that Jesus came to fill up the law.
Which Messianics are you referring to that try to keep the law for salvation sake? Which Christianity doesn't keep the command to "love God"?

The book and rules and creed of Messianics is to reject God's Word that the Messiah has come to die on the cross for your to save you from your sins and give you eternal life. They need our prayers.
I am interested in knowing what Messianics you've met that place their hope for salvation in their obedience to God's instructions in how to love God and others, at the expense of faith alone in Messiah's death for their sins, burial, and resurrection to eternal life? In fact, all the Messianics I have met keep God's law such as "love God" and "love your neighbor" to not to keep, earn, or maintain salvation, but because they simply love God and are responding to his love for them. They keep God's law not to get saved, but because they are saved. I am interested in knowing who you've talked to that has communicated to you other wise. :) In fact, most Messianic's I know fit in the category of "saints" as described by John the Revelator:

Revelation 14:12
This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.

If John doesn't see this as conflict or problem with stating this as a definition of "the saints," why should we? In case you need a second witness, he describes the saints the same way a few chapters back in Revelation 12:17 as well.