Thread: The Sabbath Has Passed (Rom. 14.5; Col. 2.14,15-17; Heb. 4.1-13)

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default Messianics Judaize Christianity

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, self-control; against such there is no law” (5.22-23).

Should anyone tell you: "You must keep the law, you must keep the Sabbath day", you ought to realize that if you try to keep one single item in the book of law you unwittingly declare that Christ has not died for you, and therefore you cast away the work of Christ.

Let us compare the words in Romans 6.14 with 3.19—"Sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under law, but under grace."

This indicates that believers are not under law. But to whom do the things of the law speak?

"Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it speaketh to them that are under the law; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God. The things of the law speak to those who are under the law. Since we Christians are not under law, these things of the law do not speak to us".

"Likewise, my brethren, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God" (Rom. 7.4).

I have no problem you saying you are under the law, but you contradict God's Word if you then say you are a Christian.

Know that a very small percentage of those who say they are saved are really saved.

Messianic Judaism Judaizes Christianity

Take a look at what Messianics believe, how they despise Christians and how they put their nation before God and His Son:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles YTK
    Differences between Christianity and Messianics
    Messianics keep the law.
    Christians reject the law
    Christians don't reject the law, we accept Christ came to fill up the law. Messianics Judaize Christianity. Christians don't despise Christianity.
    Messianics follow the teaching of Messiah and the apostles.
    Christians follow the Church fathers
    Christians don't follow so-called church fathers, for the Bible says call no man your father. Messianics reject the teachings of the Apostles and that the Messiah already came.
    Messianics observe Passover
    Christians celebrate Easter
    Christians don't observe passover or easter. There are no festivals to keep in Christianity.
    Messianic observe Firstfruits
    Christians neglect Firstfruits
    Christians observe firstfruits, for there will be a first rapture according to readiness (Rev. 3.10) which includes the 144,000 virgin firstfruits (Rev. 14.1-5). Messianics don't observe Rev. 14.
    Messianics observe Shavuot as the day of covenant
    Christians see it as the end of the law
    Christians believe the end of the law does not come until the millennial kingdom ends not until all these these things shall be fulfilled. Christians don't keep ceremonial laws for the nation of Israel only. The Bible says the true Jew is the Christian.
    Messianics observe the feast of trumpets
    Christians Ignore this
    Messianics observe Yom Kippur
    Christians Ignore this
    Christians are not to keep ceremonies of the nations. We are spiritual beings in the new creation. If a Jew was a Christian, he too would change into the new creation by the grace of God. If a Jew still exalts national ceremonies, you know he is not a Christian.
    Messianics observe Sukkot
    Christians observe Christmas
    Christians do not observe Christmas, only religious Rome does.
    Messianic keep the Sabbath
    Christians keep the day of the sun God
    Christians remember Jesus was resurrected on Sunday and often congregate on the day of resurrection to breaking bread and fellowship. This is a fact, it is the first day of the week, a new day wholly unlike the day that was to be kept for Israel (Sabbath as a sign of covenant with God) of the old covenant. The day of resurrection is also the 8th day of the week. 8 stands for resurrection.

Christians refuse the sun god and this false god should not be capitalized "God", for there is only one God. We are warned more and more will try to Judaize Christianity like the 7th Day Adventists by trying to keep the Sabbath,
    http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/lordsday.htm
    Messianics eat Kosher food
    Christians eat anything they want
    The NT says anything can be eaten if it is healthy for us. Messianics reject how Jesus came to fill up the law so that they no longer need be under the old covenant.
    Messianics wear Tallit and Tzitzis
    Christians wear a cross
    Christians don't wear the cross, for their is no idolatry in Christianity. Messianics if they would be saved would no longer be under Jewish tradition, but would enter into the new life of the Spirit of the law.
    Messianics have Menorah symbol of Gods life
    Christians have the cross symbol of death
    Christians have 7 candlesticks representing the 7 church periods and have died on the cross with Christ, resurrected with Him by the the Holy Spirit. Messianics still exalt their nation and refused to die on the cross with Christ by still exalting the Menorah.
    Messianics are joined with Israel
    Christians replace Israel
    Christians are the fulfillment of the OT prophecies to be the bride of Christ. Messianics reject the Torah and the promise of the coming Messiah and remain the fallen nation of Israel that will not receive her covenant promise until Christ returns in Person.
    Messianics refuse idols and images
    Christians fill churches with statues
    Messianics like the Pharisees add many idols and images. Christians have no statues, for we are sojourners. Christians also reject religious Rome's statues (Revelation 17) of the Roman and Eastern Church,
    http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/Revelation_17.htm
    Messianics pray to God
    Christians pray to God and some also to Mary and saints
    Messianics pray to the Devil. Christians never pray to Mary or the saints, for Mary and the saints were all born into sin like you and I.
    There are many fundamental differences. Messianics take their instructions directly from Gods word and the teachings of the Lord and Apostles. We have no book of rules or creeds. We are not a religion. We have no reference outside of God's word. No central authority outside of God and the Spirit.
    Christians walk by the spirit being led by the Holy Spirit in agreement with the Word of God and accept the authority of the Apostles. Messianics worship the devil, refuse the Apostles who died on the cross with Christ and were martyred for this testimony of resurrection life.

Messianics seek to divide the body of Christ by attaching themselves to things of Christianity, but they really are unsaved and hell bound because they are trying to Judaize Christianity by trying to keep the law rather than accepting that Jesus came to fill up the law.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil" (Matt. 5.17). Jesus came to fill up the law!

The book and rules and creed of Messianics is to reject God's Word that the Messiah has come to die on the cross for your to save you from your sins and give you eternal life. They need our prayers.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default The Sabbath Has Passed (Rom. 14.5; Col. 2.14,15-17; Heb. 4.1-13)

Let us see what the Scriptures teach about the Sabbath:

(1) The first mention of it is found in Genesis 2.3: “God blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it; because that in it he rested from all his work which God had created and made.” From that time, for the next two thousand five hundred years nothing further was heard about the Sabbath.

(2) After leading the children of Israel out of Egypt, God gave the Sabbath to them in the wilderness: “See, for that Jehovah hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day” (Ex. 16.29).

(3) The Sabbath became law: “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work; but the seventh day is a sabbath unto Jehovah thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maid-servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore Jehovah blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it” (Ex. 20.8-11).

(4) You as the people of God must keep My Sabbath day for this is a sign between you and Me throughout the generations. So instructs the word of God in the Old Testament: “Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily ye shall keep my sabbaths: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am Jehovah who sanctifieth you. . . . It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed” (Ex. 31.13,17)—“Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am Jehovah that sanctifieth them” (Eze. 20.12).

(5) To keep the Sabbath is the salvation of the Jews. It is quite evident that the Sabbath is given to the Jews as a sign. It is not for Christians, for now the veil is rent; even the Jew must come into the rest of the Holy Spirit indwelling that transposes the day of Sabbath rest, to no longer keep the Sabbath, and this is how throughout the generations the rest is maintained "for ever" in the dispensation of grace and dispensations to follow.

If a Jewish person decided to work on Saturday, he would not be saved and even be stoned to death (typifying eternal damnation in Hell). Today, you may refuse Christ and thus, His Spirit indwelling, in the same way a Jewish person under the Old Covenant refused to enter the rest of the Sabbath. Those who judge and demand the Sabbath still be kept today are called Judaizers who try to make the Church a Synagogue of Satan (Rev. 2.9,3.9). The true Jew is now the Christian.

Amazing!

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default The Freshness of the Lord and the Oldness of the Law

Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time . . . but I say to you . . . Matthew 5.21f.

Bondage to the law may be defined as a rigid adherence to a bygone code of life that leaves us unready to follow the Lord's speaking in the present. We see the law as a standard of living, but it is a fixed standard. When we were youngsters at school our gymnastic teacher lowered or raised the rope of the high jump according to our age and ability. The standard was subject to adjustment, and left us scope for development. But the law's standard is rigid. It leaves no room for advancement beyond a given point.

"But I say unto you..." These words contain a principle for all time. I have heard people dispose of an argument with "Oh, that matter was settled in Calvin's (Or Wesley's, or Darby's) day!" But their days are "old time," and so are your yesterday and mine. If I do what I did a month ago because today the Lord leads me to do it, that is life; but if I do it because he led me a month ago, that is law. The law can be a week old or centuries old, but the leading of the Spirit can never be twenty-four hours old. The vital question is, do we know the freshness of today's walk with him?

Thread Information