Quote Originally Posted by jerusalemcouncil
Legalism is doing anything to obtain favor. That is not what I'm talking about, at all.
When you answered "No" to question 20 to disagree with the finding ("No Christian Sabbath"), you don't realize you are trying to obtain God's favor because the Sabbath has passed. God does not require even a single Jewish person to keep the Sabbath anymore!

I do not believe you are loving God when a person is employed in their job on Saturday and they must quit their job because of your rule, when Jesus himself worked in the Sabbath. This is not love, this is your fleshly self-exaltation of perhaps a cult you are in, to puff up self and it is your sin, an idol you place above God to try to control others with. This is not love, but of the Devil. Pentecostals do the same thing by claiming you got to get what they got-gibberish babble as the infilling or baptism of the Holy Spirit. Are you in a denomination like 7th Day Adventists?

Jesus filled up the law, by telling us His Spirit will be the rest that the law of the Sabbath points to just as the animal sacrifices point to His death on the cross. Believe me, what you are doing is not love.

It's so simple, but not for someone who worships by the flesh by legalizing the Sabbath.

Your distortion of Christianity goes by the name of legalism-you live by a list of do's and don'ts. One of your don'ts is don't work on the Sabbath. One of your do's is rest of the Sabbath. Your concern for genuine change is valid, but not in the way you go about it. You tend to make God's love something to earn rather than accept freely because you create a law unto yourself. You would reduce Christianity to a set of impossible rules and transform the Good News into bad news. As important as change in action is, can you see that God may be desiring different change in you than others?

Trying to keep a particular day of the week is not love or life. So let go of your trying to keep the Sabbath, and I will pray for you to be delivered from your long-held belief. Continue to study the proof why the Sabbath is no longer though not one tittle of the law will pass till these things are finished. Read question 20 in your profile again, and again. It has been newly updated for the sake of clarity so no stone is left unturned for your sake.

Try to gather on Sundays if you can, but if you can't, no worries. You can gather in His name with 2 or 3 or more anytime anywhere, and that is where the Church is.