Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsaved Excuses

Blog Entries

Default Unsaved Excuses

Some of the answers from the Bible to those who say:

1. I am not good enough
    "Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool."
    Isaiah 1:18

"God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."
    Romans 5:8

"The Lord Jesus said: Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick … I came not to call the righteous, but the sinners."
    Matthew 9:12, 13

Also read: Psalm 32:5; Psalm 34:18; Isaiah 53:5; Luke23:39-43; John 3:17; Ephesians 2:4, 5; 1 Timothy 1:15; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 1:9

2. I have put it off so many times
    "Today, when you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts."
    Hebrews 3:7, 8

"Behold, now is the acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation."
    2 Corinthians 6:2

"The Lord … is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."
    2 Peter 3:9

Also read: Ezekiel 33:11; Luke 23:39-43; Romans 2:4; Romans 10:8-13; Hebrews 2:3; Revelation 3:20.

3. My heart is too hard
    "A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you and I will take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you."
    Ezekiel 36:26, 27

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, behold, the new has come."
    2 Corinthians 5:17

Also Read: Jeremiah 23:29; Ezekiel 11:19-21; Romans 2:4-6

4. I cannot give up my sins
    "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death."
    Romans 7:24, 25; Romans 8:2

"My eyes are ever toward the Lord, for he will pluck my feet out of the net."
    Psalm 25:15

"Sin will have no dominion over you."
    Romans 6:14

Also Read: Psalm 103:10-12; John 3:16-21; Hebrews 7:25

5. I am as good as others
    "Let him who boasts, boast of the Lord. For it is not he man who commends himself that is accepted, but the man whom the Lord commends."
    2 Corinthians 10:17, 18

"Whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it."
    James 2:10

"None is righteous, no, not one."
    Romans 3:10

Also read: Matthew 5:20; Luke 18:9-14; 1 John 1:8-10

6. I do intend to become a Christian, but I will wait a little longer
    "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth."
    Proverbs 27:1

"Seek the Lord while he may be found, call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon."
    Isaiah 55:6, 7

Also read: Luke 9:57-62; Luke 12:19-21; James 4:13-17

7. I do not need a Saviour
    "Who can say, I have made my heart clean; I am pure from my sin?"
    Proverbs 20:9

"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
    Romans 3:23

"The Lord Jesus said: Unless one is born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
    John 3:3, 6

Also read: John 3:36; John 8:34; Romans 3:10; Romans 5:12; 1 John 1:8-10

8. I have tried to be a Christian and have failed
    "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
    1 John 1:9

"The Lord Jesus said: I am the way the truth, and the life; no-one comes to the Father, but by me."
    John 14:6

Also read: Psalm 23; Psalm 121:2, 3; John 10:27-29; Titus 3:5, 6

9. The Christian life is too difficult; I could not keep it up
    "The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand."
    Psalm 121:5

"The Lord Jesus said: My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no-one shall snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no-one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand."
    John 10:27-29

Also read: Psalm 124; Isaiah 40:28-31; Isaiah 41:10; Matthew 11:28-30; Hebrews 4:15, 16; Hebrews 12:1-3

10. It will cost too much
    "The Lord Jesus said: What does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life?"
    Mark 8:36

"Truly, I say to you, there is no man who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, who will not receive manifold more in this time, and in the age to come eternal life."
    Luke 18:29, 30

"Do not be anxious about your life … Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well."
    Matthew 6:25, 33

Also read: Luke 12:16-21; John 14:1-3; Philippians 3:7-10

11. I will be persecuted as a Christian
    "The Lord Jesus said: Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven."
    Matthew 5:10-12

"The Apostle Paul wrote: I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us."
    Romans8:18

Also read: Psalm 27:1; Romans 8:35-39; 2 Corinthians 4:16-18; Hebrews 13:5, 6; 1 Peter 3:13-18

12. I am afraid of being laughed at
    "Be not afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord."
    Jeremiah 1:8

"For the Lord God helps me … and I know that I shall not be put to shame."
    Isaiah 50:7

"The Lord Jesus said: Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words … oh him will the Son of Man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
    Mark 8:38

Also read: Proverbs 29:25; 2 Timothy 2:15; 1 Peter 3:13-18; Jude 17-21

13. I will lose my friends
    "Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."
    James 4:4

"The Lord Jesus said: You are my friends if you do what I command you."
    John 15:14

Also read: Mark 5:19, 20; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18; Hebrews 13:5, 6.

14. I like earthly things too much
    "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world passes away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides for ever."
    1 John 2:15-17

Also read: Ecclesiastes 2:1-11; Luke 18:18-30; 2 Corinthians 4:18; Galatians 6:7, 8

15. I am still too young
    "The Lord Jesus said: Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it."
    Luke 18:16, 17

"Calling to him a child, Jesus put him in the midst of them, and said, Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
    Matthew 18:2, 3

Also read: Ecclesiastes 12:1; John 1:12; 2 Timothy 3:14, 15

16. Why must I believe in Jesus?
    "There is salvation in no-one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
    Acts 4:12

"He who has the Son has life; he who has not the Son of God has not life."
    1 John 5:12

Also read: John 3:18; John 5:24; John 6:35; John 14:6; Romans 6:23; 1 John 5:9-12

17. There are so many hypocrites among Christians
    "Why do you see the speck that in you brothers eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."
    Matthew 7:3,5

"Each of us shall give account of himself to God. Then let us no more pass judgment on one another. "
    Romans 14:12, 13

Also read: Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43; Romans 2:1-4

18. My circumstances are too difficult
    "Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."
    Isaiah 41:10

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou dost preserve my life … thy right hand delivers me."
    Psalm 138:7

Also read: Psalm 9:9, 10; Psalm 23; 1 Corinthians 10:13; 2 Corinthians 12:9, 10; Philippians 4:6, 7, 19

sandwiches Guest

What if my excuse is that I don't believe the Bible?

Blog Entries

Then if you are wrong you will go to Hell.

sandwiches Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Finestwheat View Post
    Then if you are wrong you will go to Hell.
    Is there no verifiable reason to believe the Bible, then?

Blog Entries

There is a verifiable reason.

sandwiches Guest

There is a verifiable reason.
    What is it? I just assumed you would've have provided a counterpoint for that excuse as well, given that you've given counters to many other excuses.

Blog Entries

It depends on what I am specifically suppose to be proving in the Bible.

sandwiches Guest

It depends on what I am specifically suppose to be proving in the Bible.
    Proving?
    Like I said, I assumed you had an response to the excuse is all. If you don't, other than "Then you'll go to hell if you're wrong," then I guess we're done. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Since Jesus is poven to be God then "whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 10.33).

sandwiches Guest

Since Jesus is poven to be God then "whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 10.33).
    Well, the excuse is of not believing the Bible. So, to accept that quote, one must already believe in the Bible. So, how would one go about surpassing the first issue: Not believing the Bible?

Thread Information