First of all, let me just apologize if this is the incorrect board to ask this question on.

My name is Jason, I'm 17, and I live in Ohio. My parents are not Christians, and I do not have any siblings. I live in a small town, and there are not many Christians there. There is one Youth Group, but after attending several meetings I failed to become friends with any of the other kids my own age. As a result, I tend to hang out with my non-Christian friends. They are good people still, and rarely do I feel my spirituality becomes an issue when I am with them. Lately, however, I have begun to wonder.

One of my friends began to smoke marijuana, and soon, most of them were. I also said no when they offered me some, and they let it rest respecting my beliefs. I always had a good time when they smoked, anyway. They were always so happy and always laughed when they were high and we all had a good time.

Let me point out that while none of them are very religious, they are still good people. They may smoke pot every so often, but they commit no other crimes. As odd as it sounds they are all on the Honor Roll at school, too, and are considered upstanding young men and women by everyone. I take pride to be in their company.

About two months ago, I let my curiosity get the best of me, and I smoked some with them. I had an amazing time. They knew it was my first time getting high, so they wanted to show me a good time. We went out into the woods and smoked, then took a hike. It was an incredible experience. It was if I was seeing the world from a completely different perspective, and I noticed details in nature that I had never noticed before. I had been to those woods many times, but it was like I was seeing it all again for the first time. I felt a connection to the world, and as a result I began to feel closer to God.

I now smoke quite a bit, and I feel that it has made me grow closer to the world around me and to God as well. I go on about my life as normal, and the smoking has never gotten me into trouble or even made me late for an appointment.

My friends sometimes ask me why I do drugs if I'm a Christian, and I say that marijuana is from the ground, and natural. God had a reason to put it on this Earth.

I just wonder what other Christians might think of this subject, as I can not openly ask any I know personally. I was wondering if there was a stance on this issue.