Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Causation

DD_8630 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
    It's not special pleading at all. There are trillions of things with causes, therefore to assume something is without a cause would be the special pleading on your part.
    My dear, you are the one positing an Uncaused Causer. You claim that nothing can exist without a cause, but then turn right back on yourself and say that there is something that exists without a cause.
    Your explanation for this is that the rule of 'must be caused' magically doesn't apply to this Caused.

That is special pleading, and it is fallacious.

Antony Flew believed in an uncreated creator. He may not and never will give his life to Christ, but that is a choice everyone has to overlook the evidence in the 4SPFG and MFA.
    Those two arguments are fallacious rhetoric that prove nothing. I have demonstrated this time and time again, yet you cling to your biases and your fallacious logic.

You see it is one thing to believe in the uncreated creator, but a whole other thing to be saved, because the later is by coming to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
    Fantastic. I'll write that in my Book of Shadows.

You are unable to cite a single religion besides Christianity for multiple group attestation that was well documented for the resurrection of the one who said He is God and walked the earth.
    Mithrasism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, etc. All have mythological stories in which multiple eye-witnesses observe various mystical events (in Mithrasism in particular, one of these events is the resurrection of Mithras, witnesses and all).

Free will remains unchallenged, for just because God enters His creation, does not mean you lose your free-will.
    As I explained in my previous post, it does.

His atonement is grace, not annihilation of your free-will made in God's image. Because of God's infinite foreknowledge, He would enter creation because that is the only way some people could be saved who would receive Him, due to the sin of the first God-conscious man bringing sin into all the world and touching all souls. The salvation offered to all, but due to free-will some don't want it, such as yourself whom are going to hell. That some don't want it is proof that the will is free to reject salvation.
    Or that we are simply biological processes. You contend that everything has a cause, right? Then how can we have free will?

A personal God enters His creation. The amoral god of Hinduism remains impersonally afar off.
    Except when he manifests: the Avatars of Vishnu, for example.

Since, obviously, there had to be a first God-conscious man and woman, that is the event in the Garden of Eden.
    Why is this obvious? I repeat my question:

According to the Genesis myth, yes. But what reason do you have to believe that this myth is actually true?

See the causation in this so that now all men and women have God-consciousness in their spirit.
    What on Earth does that mean? You sound more New Agey by the second.

God breathed the breath of life into body from dust to create a tripartite being - spirit, soul and body. Think of the soul and body as your outerman, and your spirit as your innerman. Your soul has the functions of mind, will and emotions; while your spirit has the functions of intuition, commmunion and conscience (see 1 Thess. 5.23, Heb. 4.12).
    Yes, I am aware of the details of Christian mythology.

Paul could not have hallucinated because those with him did not protest his claim to say otherwise.
    That is because they did not exist. Like I said, he was hallucinating.

If God disallows man the opportunity to reject Him, man is only a robot without cancer. God is bigger than that.
    So your God is not a good God. He prefers to make entities with free-will rather than entities which are happy. What a fun worldview you have.

Your continued error is that you can't counter the MFA and 4SPFG,
    Since I have done such a refutation, your point is moot.

while still refusing Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
    How can I refuse something that doesn't exist?

Understand that no logic can convince you to receive Christ into your life. The logic I supplied you is not enough for you, for you will continue on with endless objections all of which continue to be answered each time. At some point, give your life to Christ before it is too late. In reality, what you are doing is simply going through the motions of saying that you want to go to hell and trying to cover it up to rationalize your flesh. That is that.
    No. That is your rationalisation for why someone doens't want to be a Christian. To you, it is obvious that Christianity is true. To the rest of us, we can see it for what it is: just another religion with self-righteous followers. Christianity is obvious to Christians for the same reason Islam is obvious to Muslims, or Hinduism to Hindus, or Buddhism to Buddhists.

CW, I ask you yet again: what training do you have in physics? What do you know of quantum mechanics? Don't give me hand-waving answers. I want specifics.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

You're repeating yourself and not responding to what was said which is just your self-righteous behavior. I said nothing in nature is without a cause, therefore, there must be the uncaused cause. I did not say anything is without cause only that which is in nature is never without a cause.

Because I am constantly repeating myself and you are constantly not responding to this, you're just being belligerent and obstinate and the burden of the proof is on you to show otherwise. Remember, the odds against you are more than a trillion to one because we have a trillions of things in nature with causes and no hard proof something is without a cause.

Thus, you have again, received the infraction for Board Etiquette #6.

Follow this simple principle. If only physicists who deeply study quantum mechanics can be saved, this would make God evil, because He would be violating the principle that He is no respecter of persons (Acts 10.34) from any generation. Therefore, it stands to reason if you are going to prove whether God exists, you need not study quantum mechanics as the determining factor no matter how much you do so as your point of pride.

The evidence that is to be considered is the same evidence that existed 2000 years ago that we have access to today. And that evidence is the 4 Step Proof for God and the Minimal Facts Approach. Nothing is new under the sun.

I am sad to say you are going to hell according to God's righteous Word. That is an easy call.

Thread Information