Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death of Darwinism

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Understand the addition of a resurrection in Mithraism did not occur until after the resurrection of Jesus. There is no documentation to a resurrection prior, but it was added diabolically to try to copy Christianity. Know that the religion that is true would stand the test of time. Christianity prevailed.

Gal. 1 & 2 and 1 Cor. 15 were completed with 20 years of the death on the cross of Jesus. These are the most important and contemporary documents that scholars are agreed on are really Paul's writings and beliefs. This is called the Minimal Facts Approach.

If you can't scientifically replicate the creation of life, then you can't. Only God can.

Since the uncreated is spirit and not spaghetti which is a created product, your FSM fails and Jesus as always, prevails.

Know that hell is for you because you don't want to accept the forgiveness of your creator.

The Genesis account remains unchallenged because you can't create the a single celled life from the inanimate.

God made your spirit with God-consciousness so you are without excuse. By choosing to shut your mind down to the Word of God already given in the 66 books of the Bible and accept John 3, there is no other recourse for you to escape Hell.

My prayers go out to you.

DD_8630 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
    Know that the religion that is true would stand the test of time. Christianity prevailed.
    Along with Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Islam, etc.

Gal. 1 & 2 and 1 Cor. 15 were completed with 20 years of the death on the cross of Jesus. These are the most important and contemporary documents that scholars are agreed on are really Paul's writings and beliefs.
    I'll grant you that almost all scholars believe that Paul wrote Galatians and Corinthians, but 20 years after the event is not contemporary.
    If the media first reported the death of Princess Diana 20 years after the car crash, would that be considered contemporary?

Indeed, I ask you again:
    Jesus' Temple fiasco would not have gone without notice. Where were the contemporary historians?

If you can't scientifically replicate the creation of life, then you can't. Only God can.
    Correction: if at any given time I can't replicate the creation of life, then at that time I can't. This says nothing about my future abilities, however. Indeed, the standard model states that it took ~1 billion years for the formation of life. Come back to me in 2 billion years, and we'll see whether abiogenesis is possible or not.

Since the uncreated is spirit and not spaghetti which is a created product, your FSM fails and Jesus as always, prevails.
    On the contrary, the universe is as it is because this is the only possible state in which a pasta-making species could evolve (namely: us).
    Satire aside, my point was that you assume the Uncreated Creator is the Judaeo-Christian God, without any justification.

If we assume that you have sucessfully proven the existance of an Uncaused Causer (or w/e), can you demonstrate why this is necessarily your god?
    Note that saying 'because none can compare to Christ' requires a demonstration itself: it is not good simply asserting that none can compare.

Know that hell is for you because you don't want to accept the forgiveness of your creator.
    Why would I not want to? An all-loving deity, a paradise awaiting me after death, etc, would all be wonderful if it were true. However, I see no reason to do what you say I need to do to get into Heaven over what the Muslim says, or the Buddhist says, or the Jew says, etc.
    That is, there are countless faiths all telling me that I must do x, y, and z, before I can get into Heaven. Which faith do I listen to, and why?

The Genesis account remains unchallenged because you can't create the a single celled life from the inanimate.
    So in a court of law, if the police cannot exactly recreate a murder, all suspects are free to go? How silly.

God made your spirit with God-consciousness so you are without excuse.
    Circular logic. This is asserted by the Bible, and the whole thing fails if it turns out the Bible is a load of hooey.

By choosing to shut your mind down to the Word of God already given in the 66 books of the Bible and accept John 3, there is no other recourse for you to escape Hell.
    You seem to be under the impression that I can choose what I believe.

My prayers go out to you.
    Quite.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

There is not a reporting of the death of Jesus for the first time twenty years after Jesus died, but the final compiling of these three chapters within 20 years of the death of Jesus is what occurred. Writings that existed from the time of Jesus' death to 20 years after his death have been lost. That is not unreasonable in antiquity so far removed from today. And these three chapters within 20 years of Jesus' death we know existed is more contemporary than other events in antiquity. The Iliad's earliest known copy is over a thousand years later from the time of its said events.

How do we know you have God-consciousness in your spirit? Very simply, because the Uncreated is proven and He said you are made in His image, then you have awareness of Him and are only fooling yourself on your way to hell trying to fight against Him. He treats you as intrinsic value, not instrumental value. You will not cease to exist, but be resurrected for hell because God's image can never be annihilated.

DD_8630 Guest

There is not a reporting of the death of Jesus for the first time twenty years after Jesus died, but the final compiling of these three chapters within 20 years of the death of Jesus is what occurred. Writings that existed from the time of Jesus' death to 20 years after his death have been lost. That is not unreasonable in antiquity so far removed from today.
    Nope. Our record of documentation from the time in question is rather complete.

And these three chapters within 20 years of Jesus' death we know existed is more contemporary than other events in antiquity. The Iliad's earliest known copy is over a thousand years later from the time of its said events.
    Nevertheless, it is not contemporary. You'd think that if someone saw God Incarnate they would write it down straight away, or at least tell someone who could write it down (Paul, say), rather than wait 20 years.

Now, why didn't any historian at the time record Jesus fiasco' in the Temple?

How do we know you have God-consciousness in your spirit? Very simply, because the Uncreated is proven and He said you are made in His image,
    Neither of which are proven. Try again.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Nobody can comment on what was written then, for the earliest known papyrus that still exists today is from about 105 AD. Nonetheless, we have the 66 books of the Bible still preserved that were completed in the first century.

I am sure people did write things down right away, but such papyrus's were unlikely to have survived. One can't say Jesus turning the tables in the Temple was not recorded right away, only that the final compilation was some years later.

Since you could find no fault with the 4 Step Proof for God and the Minimal Facts Approach, therefore accept the proof for God being Jesus.

DD_8630 Guest

Nobody can comment on what was written then, for the earliest known papyrus that still exists today is from about 105 AD.
    Funny, you've made quite a few comments on them already.

I am sure people did write things down right away, but such papyrus's were unlikely to have survived. One can't say Jesus turning the tables in the Temple was not recorded right away, only that the final compilation was some years later.
    As I said before, our collection of 0CE - 33CE documents is pretty complete. We even have divorce papers and love notes.

Since you could find no fault with the 4 Step Proof for God and the Minimal Facts Approach, therefore accept the proof for God being Jesus.
    With all due respect, I found faults with all 8 points.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

We can comment on what was preserved from then through oral tradition and papyrus' copied for the NT, but we can't name the parchments specifically that led to the final copies of the NT books. That poses no difficulty.

There is no reason to think Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were not written soon after Jesus died and partly during their time with Jesus. Perhaps they kept diaries to keep some notes.

I am glad you couldn't repeat any of these points you said you found fault with. People say lots of things, but like the Bible said, Prove all things (1 Thess. 5.21).

DD_8630 Guest

We can comment on what was preserved from then through oral tradition and papyrus' copied for the NT, but we can't name the parchments specifically that led to the final copies of the NT books. That poses no difficulty.
    On the contrary, I contend that no such older documents exist. I contend that the originals were written several decades after Jesus' alleged death. I challenge you to demonstrate otherwise.

There is no reason to think Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were not written soon after Jesus died and partly during their time with Jesus. Perhaps they kept diaries to keep some notes.
    And they just so happened to record independant sets of events that show no indication that they are a quarter of the whole, huh?

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

What matters is you have nothing to support your claim. As most things are written, there is an earlier draft.

They are not quarters of a whole, but 4 different perspectives.

I am going to have to give you an infraction, because all you do is self-declare your position, but don't have anything to support it, which is violation of Board Etiquette #6. If you want to hold a contrary position, that history is wrong somehow, at least bring in something to support your idea.

Thread Information