Thread: I love these verses of Jesus being God

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default I love these verses of Jesus being God

The Gospel of John Reveals Jesus is God

"John pointed him out to the people. He shouted to the crowds, "This is the one I was talking about when I said, `Someone is coming who is far greater than I am, for he existed long before I did'." (John 1.15). Only God existed long before. "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist" (Col. 1.17). "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth" (Psalms 33.6). The Word was the agent of creation.

"No one has ever seen God. But his only Son, who is himself God, is near to the Father's heart; he has told us about him" (John 1.18). Did John lie?

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1.1). "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (v.14 KJV). "So the Word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father (v.14 NLT). Jesus is the Word, who is God.

Jesus made Himself equal with God: "This was why the Jews sought all the more to kill him, because he not only broke the sabbath but also called God his Father, making himself equal with God" (John 5.18). And, "that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him" (v.23). Jesus does not leave us the option to believe in God while ignoring the Son. The Pharisees said they believed in God the Father, but they rejected Jesus, so how can they truly accept the Father if they reject the Son?

Jesus claimed to be God by saying He could give eternal life: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (John 5.24). Jesus said He was God by saying He was the source of life: "For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself" (v.26) and "yet you refuse to come to me so that I can give you this eternal life" (v.40). Only God can judge sin as Jesus judges: "and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man" (v.27). Who are the witnesses of Jesus being God in chapter five: "John the Baptist" (v.33), "greater witness than John - my teachings and miracles" (v.36), "the Father himself has also testified" (v.37), "you search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me" (v.39), and "do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; it is Moses who accuses you, on whom you set your hope. If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"" (v.45-47). Moses pointed to Jesus in Gen. 3.15; Num. 21.9, 24.17; Deut. 18.15.

Garotte Guest

Amen!!!!!!

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God, And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.

XIX. Is Jesus Yahweh (Jehovah)?

A. Jeremiah 23:5-6 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD (Yahweh), "That I will
    raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute
    judgment and righteousness in the earth. 6 In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel
    will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD (Yahweh)
    OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

XX. Is Jesus God with us?

A. Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall
    conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel (Immanuw'el,
    im-maw-noo-ale'; from H5973 and H410 with suff. pron. ins.; with us (is) God) Strong’s.

XXI. Was God manifest in the flesh?

A. 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was
    manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles,
    believed on in the world, received up into glory.

XXII. Is Jesus equal with God?

A. John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had
    broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with
    God.

XXIII. Are we to address Jesus as God?

A. John 20:24-29 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them
    when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the
    Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put
    my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
    26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then
    came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
    27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach
    hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And
    Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him,
    Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not
    seen, and yet have believed.

XXIV. Unto Whom will every knee bow?

A. God

1. Isaiah 45:21-23 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together:
    who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I
    the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none
    beside me. 22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God,
    and there is none else. 23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in
    righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue
    shall swear.

B. Jesus

1. Philippians 2:10-11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in
    heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue
    should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

XXV. For Whom was the way prepared by John the Baptist?

A. God

1. Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me:
    and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of
    the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
    2. Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the
    LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
    3. Matthew 11:10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger
    before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

XXVI. Who rewards every man according to their works?

A. God

1. Psalms 62:11-12 God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power
    belongeth unto God. 12 Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to
    every man according to his work.
    2. Isaiah 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule
    for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
    3. Psalms 54:4-5 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul. 5
    He shall reward evil unto mine enemies: cut them off in thy truth.
    4. Psalms 94:1-2 O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom
    vengeance belongeth, show thyself. 2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a
    reward to the proud.
    5. Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to
    the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and
    his work before him.

B. Jesus

1. Revelation 22:12-13 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give
    every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and
    the end, the first and the last.
    2. Matthew 16:27-28 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his
    angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. 28 Verily I say unto
    you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son
    of man coming in his kingdom.

XXVII. Who is the Light?

A. God

1. Psalms 18:28 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my
    darkness.
    2. Psalms 27:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I
    fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
    3. Psalms 36:7-9 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of
    men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. 8 They shall be abundantly satisfied
    with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy
    pleasures. 9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
    4. Isaiah 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.
    5. Isaiah 60:19-20 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall
    the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and
    thy God thy glory. 20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw
    itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be
    ended.
    6. Micah 7:8-9 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I
    sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. 9 I will bear the indignation of the
    LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute
    judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.

B. Jesus

1. John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word
    was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and
    without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was
    the light of men.
    2. John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he
    that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
    3. John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

XXIII. Go tell them what great things God has done.

A. Luke 8:38-39 Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought him that
    he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to thine own house,
    and show how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and
    published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto

greg1844 Guest

Exodus 3:13-14 And Moses said unto God, Behold when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you and they shall say to me, What is His name? What shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said Thus shal thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

John 8:56-58 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jeww unto Him, Thou are not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham, was, I AM.

Thread Information