Quote Originally Posted by columbus View Post
The God of the Bible does leave His Creation unattended. From A&E eating some fruit, to the Israelites being conquered by the Chaldeans, to the creation of the HIV virus, the God of the Bible has been notoriously absent. He didn't stop the Holocaust or the creation of nuclear weapons, and He didn't explain why the burning of fossil fuels is immoral. He didn't even say that slavery was immoral. The God of the Bible is utterly absent from human history. There are plenty of humans claiming to speak for Him, but He Himself is utterly absent.
These are the consequences of sin. You want to sin and not have consequences. The HIV virus permutated directly from sin. Only in Christianity does God enter His creation personally to die on the cross for the sins of the world. There is no greater love. Men killed Him, so He gives them what they want (absence in Person). He goes back up to Heaven and let's man see they can't do it on their own without Him. Then He will return to reign on earth for 1000 years in Person. Burning of fossil fuels inordinately is harmful to our own health. It causes cancer. God is showing us when we move ahead of His lead, problems occur, like Adam and Eve eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It is not that God didn't want us to have this knowledge but all in due time. Man is impatient and independent. God dwells in all of His children by the Holy Spirit. In your spirit resides the evil spirit. The Church is His body. He is here.

The god of deism doesn't say that. The god of deism doesn't say anything.
The dictionary disagrees with you: "belief in a God who created the world but has since remained indifferent to it."

I believe in God, myself. I believe in a god which is Perfect, Eternal, and Changeless.
What you consider perfect in your god, we consider is evil, because he is impersonal and inaccessible, too selfish to pay for sins.

Such a god is more like gravity than a human being. Nothing is left unattended, but such a god isn't limited like the God of the Bible is. God doesn't "want" anything, or "plan" anything. God cannot be thwarted by sapient molecules on a little planet. God doesn't care about anything, doesn't do anything, God just Is. God doesn't need a Bible or a Resurrection or worship, God isn't even aware of such human minutae.
Your god does leave things unattended because there is the HIV virus, other disease, war, murder, rape, crime, whereas God of the Bible shows these are the consequences of sin. His redemptive design has a plan to deal with all this. Your god is limited because he doesn't have the power to enter his creation personally like Jesus did to show us how to be. Yours is a like an absentee landlord of deism and gnostic for he is evil to be that way. God is not being thwarted in anything He is doing. It is all within His divine providence. He wants out of His glory to fellowship with those who love Him. Nobody knows all the things God has planned for those who love Him. It's a plan, but not in the sense you and I plan, but His plan is intuitively mindful and pure conscience. An evil god "doesn't care about anything". God gives His word of the Bible to show us His will because He is gracious and merciful. He doesn't leave us in the dark like your god does. Just imagine what the world would be like without the Bible, the freest book in the world that has produced the most charities in the world and most martyrs in the world. People's lives are improved by when we remember the self-sacrifice in Christians to stand up for what is right as our Lord Jesus did. He fashions Himself in our image for us to be the perfect sacrifice. Since He wants to spend eternity with His elect, resurrection follows. God is aware of everything. He is all-knowing. Your god obviously doesn't have this ability, for you said he "isn't even aware". Your god is pathetic.

Gnosticism is not the same as deism.

And while I don't claim to know what the term "gnosticism" refers to, precisely, the God of the Bible is demonstrably evil. That I can show, by quoting the Bible Itself.

He planted a Tree in the Biblical garden of Eden that caused all the evil in Creation.
I never said gnosticism is the same as deism though of course, they are very similar. Gnosticism in the description of this forum you're posting in already says gnosticism is an evil god who creates like the god of deism who is an absentee landlord. That's the god Antony Flew believes in so Antony is going to Hell.

I am glad you couldn't find God of the Bible to be evil. Praise the Lord! God did not cause man to sin, that was man's choice. God did not cause Lucifer to fall, that was Lucifer's fault. God did not cause 1/3 of the angels to follow Satan your father, that was their and your choice. You keep blaming God for your own choices. How childish.