Thread: How do you view Galatians 3.19?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Yes, I have died to the law that says Love the Lord your God with all your heart, because I can't love Him with my own strength. I rely on His strength to love Him back. You are still in love with self to be able to die on the cross with Christ and die to the law you cling so desperately to.

Christians can't lose eternal life at new birth. Once-saved-always-saved!

The reason you are not saved is because you are not born-again and you are not born-again because you worship a false Christ of Sabbath worshipping above the Savior, for Paul said the Holy Spirit indwelling is the Sabbath now.

jerusalemcouncil Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptur View Post
    I rely on His strength to love Him back.
    Precisely the point I am making! Thank you for finally posting that it is His strength enabling you to love Him back!

You rely on His strength to love Him back, and guess what - so do I! In fact, that is all I can do: I rely on His strength to love Him, I rely on His strength to love my neighbor, and I rely on His strength to obey all his other commandments too.

Blog Entries

You do not rely on His strength because you deny His Word the Holy Spirit indwelling is the fulfillment of the Sabbath. That's why you still try to keep the Sabbath which is apart from God by your own strength.

Christians do not see the Lord's strength in you, because you reject His Son who was raised up and gave His Spirit for us to have peace and joy and rest in Him without a law of the Sabbath.

jerusalemcouncil Guest

That's why you still try to keep the Sabbath which is apart from God by your own strength.
    I just said I keep God's commandments by God's strength, just as you keep one of His commandments, "to Love the LORD your God," in His strength, and perhaps many many others.

What part of the phrase "I keep God's commandment, the Sabbath, in God's strength" do you not yet understand? Or do you not believe that the Sabbath is God's commandment? If so, I'll be glad to show you where it is written that it is.

Blog Entries

You do not keep God's commandment, because God never said to keep the law of the Sabbath in the new covenant, thus you are being unloving and creating a law unto yourself which is selfish and alters God's Word in your heart.

Esteemeth every day alike. Let each man be fully assured” (Rom. 14.5). "Thou shalt not covet” a day of idolatry (Rom. 7.7). "Let no man therefore judge...a sabbath day: which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ’s” (Col. 2.16-17).

The demand of proof is on you to show otherwise.

jerusalemcouncil Guest

You do not keep God's commandment, because God never said to keep the law of the Sabbath in the new covenant,
    Of the new covenant, it is written:

Jeremiah 31:33
    This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my Torah in their minds and write it on their hearts.

and in God's Torah it is written:

Exodus 16:23
    This is what the LORD commanded: 'Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to the LORD.

Exodus 31:13
    You must observe my Sabbaths.

I wonder what new covenant you are reading from if you totally miss all this.

thus you are being unloving and creating a law unto yourself which is selfish and alters God's Word in your heart.
    Then according to your belief, if I created no law unto myself, I would never be held accountable as a sinner.

Esteemeth every day alike. Let each man be fully assured” (Rom. 14.5).

The entire context is over food. Regarding food, which days do you think were referred to? Does anyone have a dispute over eating on Sabbath? Heh, of course not. So then the context is referring to fast days - specifically over which days of the week to fast on. We have extrabiblical evidence that also corroborates this conclusion from the Romans 14 context of food. It's called the Didache - which preserves the argument for us: Pharisees fasted on Mondays and Thursdays. The Didache says to fast on Wed and... Preparation Day (Friday) (and isnt it odd that it says "preparation day" which is the day of prepation before the Sabbath!). Obviously the dispute over fast days would be hot between Pharisaic believers holding to Pharisaic traditions, and other believers who didn't hold to them as much.

"Thou shalt not covet” a day of idolatry (Rom. 7.7).
    not sure what you mean by this one. since when is obeying God's commandments any form of idol worship?

"Let no man therefore judge...a sabbath day: which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ’s” (Col. 2.16-17).
    Gladly! I will not let you judge me for keeping the Sabbath, which is a shadow of things TO COME (as in, not yet happened in full yet!).

Blog Entries

We've gone through this. Everybody knows what the OT says for Israel as a nation, but Jesus came to fill up the law, so the Sabbath has passed and Rom. 14.5 allows any day, not requiring any specific day,

“One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let each man be fully assured in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that eateth, eateth unto the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, unto the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks” (Rom. 14.5-6).

You are judged for demanding the Sabbath must be kept. You do this because you are not born-again, for the Holy Spirit indwelling replaces the Sabbath rest.

Amen.

Thread Information