Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many do you think are saved?

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

bertie,

Yes, there are a million and one ways to reject Christ.

I don't think the Scriptures say Melchizedek was never born, for all men were born.

What he seems to point to is a spiritual man who had authority and special blessing from the Lord.

He would be an overcomer in Christ, and he would die to be resurrected with the rest of the saved at the consummation of this age.

Only Enoch and Elijah are the only two men that were raptured alive for their overcoming.

Just like Job was before the time of Moses, Melchizedek has his own independent line. And as an overcomer he is a type of Christ.

The important point of Melchizedek is that he is greater than the levitical priesthood. Just as Abraham is less than Melchizedek so is Levi.

Melchizedek was God's first priest. This preisthood will go on for eternity without beginning or end. God intends for all His saved to be priests.

The peak concerning progress spoken in Hebrews is reached in Chapters 5 and 6. Chapter 5 speaks of Melchizedek, about whom the writer says: "Of whom we have many things to say, and hard of interpretation, seeing ye are become dull of hearing" (v.11). You ought to have fully grown, yet you are still pitifully old babies. You should be able to take the solid food of the word of righteousness but, sad to say, you are in need of milk. Then Chapter 6 is addressed to those who teach. In their teaching there should be progress instead of confining it merely to the six elementary doctrines of repentance from dead works, faith toward God, the teaching of baptisms, the laying on of hands, resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment [ for those of you who do not eternal separation from God]. So we may plainly perceive that Hebrews 6.1-8 does not deal with the problem of initial salvation but with the problem of progress. The aim of this Epistle to the Hebrews is to point toward progress, not toward salvation. We will be seriously mistaken if we confuse the theme.

All those who are saved will be priests. The question remains, then, only to WHEN will they reach the point where they can no longer be hurt by the second death? The answer is most do not reach that point before they die. Only a few are deemed overcomers. Non-overcomers in Christ will lose their reward of reigning during the millennial kingdom, but will be pillars after in the new city and new earth.

Bertie, I really wanted you to understand this matter of accountability.

Paoli Guest

According to scripture more people will be in hell than in heaven.
    The road is narrow and few will take the narrow road.
    My estimate is that most people sitting in churches on sundaymorning are not saved.
    I attend a church now for about 8 months and not once have I heard anyone asked if some are not born again.
    I hear a lot about socials where they drink coffee and eat cookies, maybe I should go there to find out what they talk about, it could well be the subject of being born again, who knows... it's just I don't like cookies that much.:)

Thread Information