Thread: Doubletalk Against Apostles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DD2014 Guest

James was an apostle right? I think he was a little confused.

James 1:13
    Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

Well he must have not read the Old Testament.

Genesis 22:1
    God did tempt Abraham

In the following verse one can also interpret God's misleading of David as temptation. Or just out right lying, take your pick.

2 Samual 24:1
    And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go number Israel and Judah.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DD2014 View Post
    James was an apostle right? I think he was a little confused.

James 1:13
    Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

Well he must have not read the Old Testament.

Genesis 22:1
    God did tempt Abraham
    In Gen. 22.1, "God tested Abraham's faith and obedience" (NLT) or "that God did prove Abraham" (ASV) or "God hath tried Abraham" (Young's) so obviously it is not being used in the same sense as Satan would tempt, so you should never blame God for tempting you to do evil, for that is the domain of the evil spirit.

You choose to interpret it falsely, not as originally intended which shows you are not being genuine or you are just lying. Take your pick. Why are you like this? Because you are antiChrist, on your way to Hell. In other words, you're a bad guy.

In the following verse one can also interpret God's misleading of David as temptation. Or just out right lying, take your pick.

2 Samual 24:1
    And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go number Israel and Judah.
    I am not sure where you think God is lying to David or misleading him, for you don't say. What temptation? Sounds like you just misinterpreted something, or you are purposefully trying to mislead by outright lying.

Thread Information