I have been dabbling in various religions for some time, and this one seems like a pretty good shot in my opinion. I'm sorry if that comes off as offensive, but I have been unsure of myself lately. Even while registering, I said that I was unsure about the Trinity and whether Hell is eternal punishment or pure annihilation of the soul.

Though personally, I think that no one can ever be truly sure of Hell, unless he or she experiences it for him or herself, as you can only see Hell when you die, AND if you're a terrible person.

I have experimented with a few polytheistic religions such as Hinduism and even the Greek and Egyptian pantheons (I haven't practiced; just researched), yet highly doubt that they are probable, especially because the gods just appear to be slightly more powerful than normal humans who could technically be killed if someone was skilled enough. They had also been tricked by humans in the Greek mythology, and in ancient Egypt, the current king (pharaoh) was literally worshipped as a god, so I figured that was out.

Now, technically I would have questioned Jesus' mortality for the same reason, but then I realized that he was just an incarnation of an omnipotent being, so that was one bullet dodged.

Of course I don't buy into the ludicriously laughable "religions" which were just made to make money and grab attention from weak-minded drones, like Wicca or especially Scientology, so I won't even bring that craziness up (especially because both came from books written in the late 1900s).

So it's basically down to Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Now, technically, they seem to follow basically the same structure, except for a few differences. I know Christianity is the newest of these, but it's still old enough to be reasonable.

Islam is out because Allah seems to be perfectly okay with ordering his worshippers to kill nonbelievers through the archaic millenia-year-old method of stoning, which is beyond primitive. Besides, if Allah wanted something that drastic done, he could smite the sinners themselves.

Judaism came before Christianity, but its god was a tyrant who, while doing his own dirty work, would do it far too often, by killing infants in the 10th plague, or by killing absolutely everyone on the planet (save Noah's family), which again includes infants. This god seems like one you would have to worship for fear of being utterly destroyed by him. And this god also made a sort of wager with Satan himself to see if torturing his most devout worshipper would sway his faith. An omniscient god would not have to make that kind of sick agreement with the devil.

So that leaves Christianity. God is a lot nicer, and is also worshipped as Jesus, who in all likelihood actually existed in history. My only real problem with this, however, is that Jesus was Jewish, which meant that he worshipped the God of the Old Testament. My only real question is: why would people start to worship a Jew, as opposed to the actual God? And if Jesus is God's incarnation, then how come people only started to worship him after he died?

Any answers to my questions, or even comments about this topic in general would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.