The appelation, the Son of man, implies (1) He is being rejected, (2) He is glorified for our sake, and (3) He is a man.

The term Christ refers to His work, whereas the term "Son of God" refers to His person and to His personal glory.

Our Lord possesses 3 different kinds of glory: (1) personal - the glory of being God in eternity, (2) individual - His glory as man on earth, and (3) moral - the glory of His righteous conduct on earth.

In the Epistles, the names used for Jesus are mainly the Lord Jesus, Jesus Christ, and so forth because the work of salvation is already accomplished. In the Gospels, however, He is called the Son of God or the Son of man because the work of salvation is not yet finished. In the book of Acts, He is called the servant of God until the events that took place in the house of Cornelius.

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God abideth in him, and he in God. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is begotten of God: and whosoever loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him (1 John 4.15; 5.1). Not by reasoning do we become Christians, but by revelation. Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called [me] by his grace, Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

4 ways God gives us revelation: (1) nature-such as the heaven, moon and the stars; (2) writing-Holy Scriptures; (3) Jesus; and (4) the Holy Spirit. Without the revelation of the Holy Spirit no one could be saved.