Thread: Gods Own Uncreated Eternal Life

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default Gods Own Uncreated Eternal Life

Having the eternal life of God in us is not the same thing as the Holy Spirit indwelling in us. The Holy Spirit is the 3rd Person of the Godhead, whereas eternal life is life eternal which God has. They are separate things.

God's life is eternal. Yes, the Holy Spirit is the life of the Father and the Son and is eternal. Technically speaking, eternal life is not the Holy Spirit. The 3rd Person is not some impersonal concept such as eternal life, but He is one who holds council in the Trinity of the Godhead, just as the Father is one member and the Son is one member of the Triune God.

When we are born again, yes, we receive the Holy Spirit because we have been given a new life, eternal uncreated life, which the Holy Spirit can indwell in our spirit. Therefore it is indeed wrong to say "When we are born again from above we receive the Holy Spirit (eternal life or the uncreated life) into our human spirit" since the Spirit has eternal life, but He is not eternal life.

God's life is eternal life because the Holy Spirit, which is God's life, has eternal life! We can not say "God's life is eternal life because the Holy Spirit is eternal life." God is not a thing. And those who have eternal life, God's [Own] life, we are still not God the Holy Spirit, God's Own life. Do you see there are precisely two different usages of the term, God's life?

People say God is love, eternally existing, spirit, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, truth, in Christ, and many other things. All these things describe God. Each make up a component of God's characteristics. But to say God the Spirit is eternal life is wrong. Can you sense that in your spirit? We can say God is eternal and we can say God is life or the source of life to describe God. Yet we can not say God is eternal life. We can only say God has eternal life. I don't know how to explain it any better.

The reason why these terms "Holy Spirit" and "eternal life" and "Christ in you" and "Christ lives in me" are different are not because they are a "different aspect" being shown each time of the same thing, but of different things. Christ is in me by the Holy Spirit and lives in me and changing me in the abode of eternal life of my new spirit where the Holy Spirit indwells.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Simononline,

God possesses many traits. For example, let's say a house has cement as its foundation. Yet, we don't call the house cement. God's life, the Holy Spirit, has eternal life. Let us preserve the 3 Persons of God's Trinity.

Neither the Father, the Son or the Spirit is eternal life, but God's life is eternally existing-the Father, the Son and the Spirit all have eternal life for they comprise the Triune God. God is love because His trait is this. God is not eternal life in anymore than it is His trait, because God is greater than this, yet He has this nature of His uncreated life.

Quote Originally Posted by Simononline
    The term 'Eternal Life' is just another term for God.
    When I speak to God, I don't say "O Eternal Life, my prayer today is..." How silly to exalt God's life above God Himself in His 3 Persons. Don't even exalt the Spirit above the Father or the Son for they are co-inherent and co-equal. God's life is eternal life and the Holy Spirit, so be careful to realize that the life of the Father and the Son is Spirit, God's life, but overall, the nature of God's life is eternal life, so you don't say God is eternal life. Nor do you say the Holy Spirit is eternal life. We need to maintain this distinction between God's 3 Persons and God's life when referring to eternal life, otherwise there is a problem and false teaching called modalism in which our eternal life received from God is not distinquished from God and then people start calling themselves God.

God is eternal[ly existing] and God is the [source of] life, but God is not eternal life since I have eternal life and I am not God. God is love, yet I may be unloving. God is life, yet if I were unsaved, I would not have this life. God gives us His life which is eternal life. He also gives us the indwelling Holy Spirit in which this new life of eternal life we have in our spirit can commune with God's Spirit, not that of His trait eternal life.

God is Life the source, not only of Himself
    God is not the source of Himself, since God did not create God. God always was, is and is to come.

God is the giver of eternal life and God's life is eternal uncreated life, but God is not a thing called Eternal Life. Don't degrade God into a thing!

God is still not Eternal Life The Thing whether incarnate or non-incarnated.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14.6).

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, He is not Eternal Life, so don't call Him this; He is not a thing. The life of the Son is the Spirit which possesses eternal life and given to those who are saved.

Spirit of God entire rather than just any one single Person of the Godhead)
    Why reject the Trinity? The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit who is the 3rd Person of the Godhead. Don't say "just any one single Person of the Godhead," this is irreverent.

Everlasting life is the same thing as eternal life. I have eternal life which is everlasting life. Life is personal so we say God is life, but we don't say God is eternal life. Eternal life is more than mere future blessings to be enjoyed by all believers; it is equally a kind of spiritual ability. This eternal life I have, God has, because He gave it to me by giving me a new spirit with God's life in view, for it was not what I originally possessed but what God possessed and imparted to me by giving me His uncreated life. This new life or spirit belongs to God. "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust" (2 Peter 1.4). Before the foundations of the world, I know He chose me for He told me so, not by eternal life, but by His indwelling Holy Spirit.

Eternal life is not God, but given by God and "cannot sin" (1 John 3.9).

Eternal life is a "gift", not God per se. God is the giver of gifts. God has eternal life and gives this gift. He even gives the gift of the Holy Spirit, that is, not to be God, but God's indwelling-a thing. God's Spirit is not a thing. God is life as a trait because He gives life. I have eternal life the same life as God's yet I am still not God so what God has and I have do not make us the same being. He is my life for He lives out His life in me in this new life which can commune in my spirit with the Holy Spirit to the Father and through Christ.

'Eternal Life' is superlative to the natural state of 'everlasting life' which all believers possess by virtue of being believers.
    Eternal life is not superlative if it is the same thing as everalsting life. Our spirit is permanently existing, but this does not mean we all have eternal life. Eternal life is given to those who receive the cross of Christ to receive everlasting eternal life.

This in turn is distinct from the state of 'everlasting death' in which unbelievers, by nature, exist as a result of not being believers in Life Himself.
    It is not humble for the Lord's sake to say you worship "Life" and degrade God's Being into that thing. Why place that which God bestows above God? Christ Himself should be preeminent in your life if you have new life.

Everlasting death is simply eternal separation from God in hell. For example, when Adam fell, his soul life became so stimulated that he lost the true knowledge of God and was dead to Him. So when we say the spirit is dead it does not imply there is no more spirit; we simply mean the spirit has lost its sensitivity towards God and thus is dead to Him.

Stop worshipping "Life". Worship God, not His life.

Thread Information