Thread: Colbert Report & Daily Show

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default Colbert Report & Daily Show

I don't think Stephen Colbert is a Christian because he is a staunch Roman Catholic. John Stewart is not saved either. If you ever wonder why he is so hostile to George Bush is because he perceives Bush to be a Christian, whether Bush is or not. The Bible says we shall know them by their fruit.

I really don't expect these two souls to be in the new city. God forbid.

Stephen defends the false teachings of roman catholicism:

- sinless human being Mary mother of Jesus, for goddess worship.
    - a pope (Stephen confuses the founding of the church on what he thinks to be a man Peter over his grave where the Vatican is located, when Jesus said the church is founded on Himself the Rock-Petra not Petre).
    - intermediary priesthood.
    - purgatory.
    - written codes up the ying yang.
    - idolatry of physical building and supposed saints.
    - paying for indulgences.
    - non-OSAS (having no faith to believe God gives eternal life at new birth).
    - amillennialism (rejecting Rev. 20.3).
    - false earthly promises: e.g. over Peter's dead body.

For a detailed study of the great harlot of religious Rome who makes herself the center and makes drunk the nations with the wine of the wrath of her fornications (Rev. 14.8), http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/Revelation_17.htm

The reason Stephen Colbert will cater to the RCC is because it increases his ratings since there are over a million Roman Catholics. He knows how to cater to ratings, picking those stores that hits all districts in the most efficient way possible. That's the name of the game.

Isaac Guest

Oh, I highly doubt Colbert is a Christian, as he uses his monologues entirely in satire. In fact, I saw one of his interviews. He started talking to a scientist with (warning; you won't like this, but it's just a quote):

"Okay, I believe the bible is completely and 100% accurate, and
    that the earth was created in six days. Let's have a reasonable conversation".

He uses Christianity in satirical format.

As for Stewart, I'm pretty sure he was raised Jewish. I think he still may be, but certainly doesn't show it on The Daily Show.

In my personal opinion, humor-wise, I prefer The Daily Show to the Colbert Report anyway. The Colbert Report is too dry for me because, to get the jokes, you basically need to think the exact opposite of everything Colbert says, as he always acts like a hardcore Christian uber Republican, but clearly supports neither.

Thread Information