• spiritualman

by Published on 05-22-2017 09:30 PM     Number of Views: 1583 
    1. Categories:
    2. Regeneration,
    3. Old Man Crucified

The Conflict between the Old and the New

It is essential for a regenerated person to understand what he has obtained through new birth and what still lingers of his natural endowment. Such knowledge will help him as he continues his spiritual journey. It may prove helpful at this point to explain how much is included in man’s flesh and likewise how the Lord Jesus in His redemption deals with the constituents of that flesh. In other words, what does a believer inherit in regeneration?

A reading of several verses in Romans 7 can make clear that the components of the flesh are mainly “sin” and “me”: “sin that dwells in me . . . , that is, in my flesh” (vv. 14,17-18 Darby). The “sin” here is the power of sin, and the “me” here is what we commonly acknowledge as “self.” If a believer would understand spiritual life he must not be confused about these two elements of the flesh.

We know the Lord Jesus has dealt with the sin of our flesh on His cross. And the Word informs us that “our old self was crucified with him” (Rom. 6.6). Nowhere in the Bible are we told to be crucified since this has been done and done perfectly by Christ already. With regard to the question of sin, man is not required to do anything. He need only consider this an accomplished fact (Rom. 6.11) and he will reap the effectiveness of the death of Jesus in being wholly delivered from the power of sin (Rom. 6.14).

We are never asked in the Bible to be crucified for sin, that is true. It does exhort us, however, to take up the cross for denying self. The Lord Jesus instructs us many times to deny ourselves and take up the cross and follow Him. The explanation for this is that the Lord Jesus deals with our sins and with ourselves very differently. To wholly conquer sin the believer needs but a moment; to deny the self he needs an entire lifetime. Only on the cross did Jesus bear our sins; yet throughout His life the Lord denied Himself. The same must be true of us.

The Galatian letter of Paul delineates the relationship between the flesh and the believer. He tells us on the one hand that “those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires” (5.24). On the very day one becomes identified with the Lord Jesus then his flesh also is crucified. Now one might think, without the Holy Spirit’s instruction, that his flesh is no longer present, for has it not been crucified? But no, on the other hand the letter says to us to “walk by the Spirit, and do not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh” (5.16-17). Here we are told openly that one who belongs to Christ Jesus and has already the indwelling Holy Spirit still has the flesh in him. Not only does the flesh exist; it is described as being singularly powerful as well.

What can we say? Are these two Biblical references contradictory? No, verse 24 stresses the sin of the flesh, while verse 17 the self of the flesh. The cross of Christ deals with sin and the Holy Spirit through the cross treats of self. Christ delivers the believer completely from the power of sin through the cross that sin may not reign again; but by the Holy Spirit Who dwells in the believer, Christ enables him to overcome self daily and obey Him perfectly. Liberation from sin is an accomplished fact; denial of self is to be a daily experience.

If a believer could understand the full implication of the cross at the time he is born anew he would be freed wholly from sin on the one side and on the other be in possession of a new life. It is indeed regrettable that many workers fail to present this full salvation to sinners, so that the latter believe just half God’s salvation. This leaves them as it were only half-saved: their sins are forgiven, but they lack the strength to cease from sin. Moreover, even on those occasions when salvation is presented completely sinners desire just to have their sins forgiven for they do not sincerely expect deliverance from the power of sin. This equally renders them half-saved.

Should a person believe and receive full salvation at the very outset, he will experience less failure battling with sin and more success battling with self. Rarely are such believers found. Most enter upon only half their salvation. Their conflicts are therefore mainly with sin. And some do not even know what self is. In this connection, the personal condition of the believer plays a part before regeneration. Many tend to do good even before they believe. They of course do not possess the power to do good nor could they be good. But their conscience seems to be comparatively enlightened, though their strength to do good is nevertheless weak. They experience what is commonly called the conflict between reason and lust. Now when these hear of God’s total salvation they eagerly accept grace for release from sin even as they receive grace for forgiveness of sin. Others, however, before believing, harbor pitch-black consciences, sin terribly, and never intend to do good. Upon hearing of God’s whole salvation they naturally grasp the grace of forgiveness and neglect (not reject) the grace for deliverance from sin. They will encounter much struggle over sin of the flesh afterwards.

Why is this latter case so? Because such a re-born man possesses a new life which demands him to overcome the rule of his flesh and to obey it instead. God’s life is absolute; it must gain complete mastery over the man. As soon as that life enters the human spirit it requires the man to leave his former master of sin and to be subject entirely to the Holy Spirit. Even so, sin in this particular man is deeply rooted. Although his will is being renewed in part through the regenerated life, it is still tied to sin and self; on many occasions it bends towards sin. Inevitably great conflict will erupt between the new life and the flesh. Since people in this condition are numerous, we shall pay special attention to them. Let me remind my reader, however, that this experience of prolonged struggle and failure with sin (different from that with self) is unnecessary.

The flesh demands full sovereignty; so does the spiritual life. The flesh desires to have man forever attached to itself; while the spiritual life wants to have man completely subject to the Holy Spirit. At all points the flesh and spiritual life differ. The nature of the former is that of the first Adam, the nature of the latter belongs to the last Adam. The motive of the first is earthly; that of the second, heavenly. The flesh focuses all things upon self; spiritual life centers all upon Christ. The flesh wishes to lead man to sin, but spiritual life longs to lead him to righteousness. Since these two are so essentially contrary, how can a person avoid clashing continually with the flesh? Not realizing the full salvation of Christ, a believer constantly experiences such a struggle.

When young believers fall into such conflict they are dumbfounded. Some despair of spiritual growth thinking they are just too bad. Others begin to doubt they are genuinely regenerated, not aware that regeneration itself brings in this contention. Formerly, when the flesh was in authority without interference (for the spirit was dead), they could sin terribly without feeling any sense of sinfulness. Now new life has sprung up, and with it heavenly nature, desire, light and thought. As this new light penetrates the man it immediately exposes the defilement and corruption within. The new desire is naturally dissatisfied to remain in such a state and longs to follow the will of God. The flesh begins to contend with the spiritual life. Such battle gives the believer an impression that housed within him are two persons. Each has its own idea and strength. Each seeks victory. When the spiritual life is in ascendancy the believer is most glad; when the flesh gains the upper hand he cannot but grieve. Experience of this kind confirms that such ones have been regenerated.

The purpose of God is never to reform the flesh but to destroy it. It is by God’s life given the believer at regeneration that the self in the flesh is to be destroyed. The life God imparts to man is indeed most powerful, but the regenerated person is still a babe—newly born and very weak. The flesh long has held the reins and its power is tremendous. Furthermore, the regenerated one has not yet learned to apprehend by faith God’s complete salvation. Though he be saved, he is still of the flesh during this period. Being fleshly denotes being governed by the flesh. What is most pitiful is for a believer, hitherto enlightened by heavenly light to know the wickedness of the flesh and to desire with full heart victory over it, to find himself too weak to overcome. This is the moment when he sheds many tears of sorrow. How can he not be angry with himself, for though he harbors a new desire to destroy sin and to please God his will is not steadfast enough to subdue the body of sin. Few are the victories; many, the defeats.

Paul in Romans 7 voices the inner anguish of this conflict:

I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate . . . For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I that do it, but sin which dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God in my inmost self, but I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin which dwells in my members. (vv.15-23)

Many will respond to his cry of nearly final despair: “Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?” (v.24)

What is the meaning of this contention? It is one of the ways the Holy Spirit disciplines us. God has provided a whole salvation for man. He who does not know he has it will not be able to enjoy it, neither will he be able to experience it if he does not desire after it. God can only give to those who believe and receive and claim. When man hence asks for forgiveness and regeneration, God surely bestows it upon him. And it is through conflict that God induces the believer to seek and to grasp total triumph in Christ. He who was ignorant before will now seek to know; the Holy Spirit will then be afforded a chance to reveal to him how Christ has dealt with his old man on the cross so that he may now believe into possessing such triumph. And he who possessed not because he sought not will discover through such battle that all the truth he had was merely mental and consequently ineffectual. This will stir him to desire to experience the truth he only mentally had known.

This strife increases as the days go by. If believers will proceed faithfully without giving in to despair, they will incur fiercer conflict until such time as they are delivered.
    by Published on 01-07-2015 08:16 AM     Number of Views: 3553 
    1. Categories:
    2. Prophecies,
    3. The Third Temple,
    4. Partial Rapture,
    5. Daniel 9.24-27,
    6. 2022 to 2029

The 7 Trumpets in Revelation are the Tribulation. Trumpets are loud as the Tribulation will be. Whereas the 7th Trumpet with its 7 Bowls of Wrath are larger than cups, poured silently, because so much happens so quickly as if time stands still in the last trumpet of the 7 year Tribulation, this being Daniel's final seven -- the 70th seven of Daniel's prophecy. The 70th seven (which hasn't happened yet because Dan. 9.24 is unfulfilled) encompasses the parousia of Christ from the first rapture "before the throne" (Rev. 7.9) in 3rd heaven to meeting the Lord in the air (1 Thess. 4.14-18) at the last trumpet (cf. 1 Cor. 15.23,50-52) to Jesus stepping down on the mount of olives (Zech. 14.4, Acts 1.11, Rev. 1.7) at the end of the 2,520 days of the Tribulation (7 years x 360 Jewish calendar days). Note: the rapture before the throne for Christians who are prayerful and watchful is before the 1st trumpet is blown (8.7).

We are told to look for signs before Jesus' 2nd coming. Before the first trumpet is blown 3 things happen in very precise order (Rev. 6.12):

1) Great earthquake. We know in 2010 Haiti experienced an earthquake where 320,000 people died which is the 2nd most deaths of any earthquake recorded in human history. In 2011 Japan had an earthquake that was the 4th greatest in magnitude ever recorded anywhere on planet earth. Back to back, year over year, this has never happened before. It was a first for the record books. Truly this is a great earthquake that meets the criteria.

2) Black sackcloth sun. There are 4 kinds of solar eclipses. The rarest is the Hybrid occurring 5% of the time. And there are 3 kinds of hybrids of which the H3 is the rarest occurring 5% of that 5%. The H3 completes itself as a total eclipse to produce that black sackcloth effect. They are even more rare according to NASA when they last 1 minute and 30 seconds or more. Just such a solar eclipse occurred on Nov. 3, 2013. It was the 4th since Christ and won't happen again till 2172.

3) Red blood moon. NASA records red blood moons as Tetrads when there are two in a single year then two the following year. There were no Tetrads in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. They are even more rare when they land on the 1st feast of Passover and the 7th feast of Tabernacles and again the following year. This is called a Total Lunar Tetrad or Feast Tetrad. The 6th time this happened since Christ was 1949/50. Israel became a nation May 14, 1948. The Armistice treaty was signed in 1949. The 7th since Christ was 1967/68 when Israel reclaimed Jerusalem on June 7, 1967. The 8th is 2014/15 when the construction of the 3rd Temple is coming into view. And it won't happen again till 2582/83 but has no unique solar eclipse attached to it at that time, so the time is now.

At the end of the Tribulation will be the "sign of the Son of Man" (Matt. 24.30) in the year Jesus steps down on the mount of olives. This would occur a few months before He steps down. One thing in church history is we have never been able to find a convincing sign of the Son of Man until now. On April 13, 2029 asteroid Apophis will come within 25,000 miles of earth which is satellite distance range and most definitely will interrupt some satellite communications. This asteroid is about 3 football fields in length. The last time an asteroid of this size hit earth was about 80,000 years ago. If it entered our atmosphere it would kill tens of millions of people. There will be much fanfare surrounding this event preceding Christ's return.

The temple in Brazil took 4 years to build at a cost of $300 million. The Tribulation 2022-29 would require the 3rd Temple be completed by Passover so that there would be 2300 days (Dan. 8.14) from Passover 2023 to Tisha B'Av 2029. Construction must begin no later than 2020. Look for this sign that draws you to Christ. Tisha B'Av is vital because that was when the 1st and 2nd Temples were destroyed and where Jesus will reign from in the 3rd Temple over the nations with His overcomers (Jude 14,15; Rev. 2.26,27; 20.4-6) for 1000 years before we move to the New City (Rev. 21).

After the 2014/15 Tetrad there will be 7 years of plenty (due to extremely low interest rates). Joseph was told that there would be seven years of abundance to prepare Egypt for the seven years of famine that would follow (Gen. 41.25-49). This is a prophetic type of a seven year period of abundance that will precede the Tribulation as a time for the Church and Israel to prepare. This principal of Divine warning to make preparation for a specified period of tribulation is seen in other Biblical examples.

Every 7 out of 19 years, there are 2,520 days from Feast of Trumpets to Tisha B'Av. The other 12 out of 19 years there are 1260 + 1290 (Dan. 12.11) days from Feast of Trumpets to Day of Atonement. 2015-22 meets the 2,520 days, and the 2022-29 matches the 2,550 days.

"If therefore thou shalt not watch...thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee" (Rev. 3.3). So the reason you may not perceive this when Jesus returns is because why? Not being a watchful "repentant" Christian (v.3a).
    by Published on 01-05-2015 11:08 PM     Number of Views: 2777 
    1. Categories:
    2. Prophecies,
    3. The Third Temple,
    4. 2022 to 2029

We are told to watch for signs. If we are not watchful we won't know when Jesus returns (Rev. 3.3). The most amazing thing to me in the Bible eschatologically is Rev. 6.12 in which we are told 3 things happen in precise order before the Tribulation:

1) Great earthquake. In 2010 Haiti had an earthquake that killed 320,000 people. This is the 2nd most deaths of any earthquake recorded on earth ever. Then in 2011 Japan experienced an earthquake that was the 4th greatest in magnitude ever recorded in earth's history. Back to back, year over year, two such earthquakes of this intensity and damage have never occurred before.

2) Black sackcloth sun. There are 4 kinds of solar eclipses. The rarest is the Hybrid occurring 5% of the time. And there are 3 kinds of Hybrids, the rarest which is the H3 occurring 5% of that 5% so very rare. The H3 completes itself as a total eclipse to produce that black sackcloth effect. They are even more rare when they last longer than 1 min. 30 sec. according to NASA. On Nov. 3, 2013 this very rare eclipse occurred for the 4th time since Christ. It won't happen again till 2172.

3) Red blood moon. Red blood moon lunar eclipses are more rare in the form of Tetrads. A Tetrad occurs when you have two red blood moons one year, followed by two more the next year. For example, there was none in the 17th, 18th and 19th century. But they are even more rare when they land on the first Jewish feast (Passover) and the 7th feast (Tabernacles) then doing the exact same thing again the following year. This is called a Total Lunar Tetrad or Feast Tetrad. It won't happen again till 2582/83 (nearly 600 years away), and there is no unique solar eclipse attached to it so the time is now for the Lord's return. "In the same way, when you see all these things, you can know His return is very near, right at the door" (Matt. 24.33). A unique event related to the Jewish nation occurs each time there is a feast Tetrad. The 6th (1949/50) was when Israel became a nation May 1948. The armistice treaty was signed in 1949. The 7th (1967/68) was when Israel took over Jerusalem June 7, 1967. And 2014/15 is the 8th feast Tetrad wherein construction of the 3rd Temple comes into view. You see the pattern: from the land of Israel to the city of Jerusalem to the 3rd Temple where Christ will return to reign in for 1000 years on earth with His overcomers (Jude 14,15; Rev. 2.26,27; 20.4-6). "Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth" (Eccl. 11.2). This agrees with the 7th and 8th Tetrads that are the final ones before Jesus returns. Truly spectacular!

Joseph was told that there would be seven years of abundance to prepare Egypt for the seven years of famine that would follow (Genesis 41.25-49). This may be a prophetic type of a seven year period of abundance that will precede the Tribulation as a time for the Church and Israel to prepare. This principal of Divine warning to make preparation for a specified period of tribulation is seen in other Biblical examples: http://biblocality.com/forums/content.php?345

There are 7 x 360 or 2,520 days (2,520 is the smallest number divisible by 2 to 10) from Feast of Trumpets Sept. 14, 2015 to Tisha B'Av Aug. 7, 2022 (Tisha B'Av was when the 1st and 2nd Temples were destroyed) to feast and prepare. The next 7 years after that must be the Tribulation and its famine. We find that there are exactly 2,550 days, 1260 + 1290 (Dan. 12.11), from Feast of Trumpets Sept. 26, 2022 to Day of Atonement Sept. 19, 2029.

What then is the "sign of the Son of Man" (Matt. 24.30) in the year Jesus returns and steps down on the mount of olives? That sign is on April 13, 2029 asteroid Apophis. This asteroid is 3 football fields in length. The last time this size hit earth was 80,000 years ago. If it were to hit today it would kill tens of millions of people. It is expected to come within satellite distance range, within 25,000 miles of earth, which could affect some satellite communications. I for one can't think of a greater sign than this, can you? Be honest with yourself. This is the most spectacular as it gets in a natural world we inhabit. Much fanfare will be all to do about nothing as it will pass relatively harmlessly.

The 3rd Temple must be completed by Passover 2023 so that there are 2300 days for the Temple to be cleansed (Dan. 8.14) from Passover 2023 to Tisha B'Av 2029. The temple in Brazil took 4 years to build, costing $300 million. Assuming the 3rd Temple can be completed in 4 years, construction must begin no later than 2020. The Temple Institute better not screw me over with this prediction with further delays! Also expect to see the implant under your skin to buy and sell to become more ubiquitous than now.

2015 is the 120th Jubilee since Adam was 18 years in 3986 BC (his age of accountability). He was born 4004 BC, determined by adding up the ages in the Bible. It is also a Shemita year in which we have seen in the past two decades a give back that has occurred on the last day of the Jewish calendar Elul 29. On Elul 29, 2008 the DJIA dropped 7%. On Elul 29, 2001 after the twin towers were hit the markets opened after being closed for a week and dropped 7%. Elul 29 in 2015 is Sept. 13 which is a Sunday. The DJIA futures on Sunday will get hammered 7% (or it could be the US Dollar Index). Warning that something would happen was given in 1994 when comet Shoemaker broke into 21 pieces, smashing into Jupiter. The first two sets of 7 pieces led to a massive drop in the DJIA. The completion of this judgment will be 2015 (21 years from 1994) before we head into the 7 years of plenty followed by the 7 years of famine, that is, the 7 year Tribulation with its loudly occurring 7 Trumpets. The ancient Hebrews commemorated 21 days before Tisha B'Av because for those 21 days sacrifices stopped in Israel after which the 3rd Temple was destroyed. They sinned against the Lord by ending their sacrifices which were pointed to Christ's first coming.

What amazing signs! I don't think we could ask for better signs than these. I know I can't think of anything more astounding and spectacular, can you?

Praise the Lord for this discernment! Amen.
    by Published on 12-28-2012 07:51 PM     Number of Views: 4290 
    1. Categories:
    2. Healing

The Way to Seek Healing

How should men seek healing before God? Three sentences in the Gospel of Mark are worth learning. I find them especially helpful, at least they are very effective for me. The first touches upon the power of the Lord; the second, the will of the Lord; and the third, the act of the Lord.

a) The Power of the Lord: “God can.” “And Jesus asked his father, “How long has he had this?’ And he said, “From childhood. And it has often cast him into the fire and into the water, to destroy him; but if you can do anything, have pity on us and help us.’ And Jesus said to him, ‘If you can! All things are possible to him who believes”‘ (9. 21-23). The Lord Jesus merely repeated the three words which the child’s father had uttered. The father cried, “If you can, help us.” The Lord responded, “If you cant Why, all things are possible to him who believes.” The problem here is not “if you can” but rather “if you believe.”

Is it not true that the first problem which arises with sickness is a doubt about God’s power? Under a microscope the power of bacteria seems to be greater than the power of God. Very rarely does the Lord cut off others in the middle of their speaking, but here he appears as though He were angry. (May the Lord forgive me for phrasing it this way!) When He heard the child’s father say “If you can, have pity on us and help us,” He sharply reacted with “Why say if you can? All things are possible to him who believes. In sickness, the question is not whether I can or cannot but whether you believe or not.”

The initial step for a child of God to take in sickness therefore is to raise up his head and say “Lord, you cant” You remember, do you not, the first instance of the Lord’s healing of a paralytic? He asked the Pharisees, “Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, “Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, “Rise, take up your pallet and walk’?” (Mark 2.9) The Pharisees naturally thought it easier to say your sins are forgiven, for who could actually prove it is or is not so? But the Lord’s words and their results showed them that He could heal sickness as well as forgive sins. He did not ask which was more difficult, but which was easier. For Him, both were equally easy. It was as easy for the Lord to bid the paralytic rise and walk as to forgive the latter’s sins. For the Pharisees, both were as difficult.

b) The Will of the Lord: “God will.” Yes, He indeed can, but how do I know if He wills? I do not know His will; perhaps He does not want to heal me. This is another story in Mark again. “And a leper came to him beseeching him, and kneeling said to him, “If you will, you can make me clean. Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, “I will; be clean’ “ (1.40-41).

However great the power of God is, if He has no wish to heal, His power shall not help me. The problem to be solved at the outset is: Can God?; the second is: Will God? There is no sickness as unclean as leprosy. It is so unclean that according to law whoever touches a leper becomes himself unclean. Yet the Lord Jesus touched the leper and said to him, “I will.” If He would heal the leper, how much more wills He to cure our diseases. We can proclaim boldly, “God can” and “God will.”

c) The Act of the Lord: “God has.” One more thing must God do. “Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou taken up and cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that what he saith cometh to pass; he shall have it. Therefore I say unto you, all things whatsoever ye pray and ask for, believe that ye receive (Gr. received) them, and ye shall have them” (11. 23-24 ASV). What is faith? Faith believes God can, God will, and God has done it. If you believe you have received it, you shall have it. Should God give you His word, you can thank Him by saying, “God has healed me; He has already done; it!” Many believers merely expect to be healed. Expectation regards things in the future, but faith deals with the past. If we really believe, we shall not wait for twenty or a hundred years, but shall rise up immediately and say, “Thank God He has healed me. Thank God, I have received it. Thank God, I am clean! Thank God, I am well.” A perfect faith can there fore proclaim God can, God will and God has done it.

Faith works with “is” and not “wish.” Allow me to use a simple illustration. Suppose you preach the gospel and one professes that he has believed. Ask him whether he is saved and should his answer be, I wish to be saved, then you know this reply is inadequate. Should he say, I will be saved, the answer is still incorrect. Even if he responds with, I think I shall definitely be saved, something is yet missing. But when he answers, I am saved, you know the flavor is right. If one believes, then he is saved. All faith deals with the past. To say I believe I shall be healed is not true faith. If he believes, he will thank God and say, I have received healing.

Lay hold of these three steps: God can, God will, God has. When man’s faith touches the third stage, the sickness is over.
    by Published on 10-24-2011 05:26 PM     Number of Views: 2235 
    1. Categories:
    2. Eusebius

There is an increasing number of scholars who believe in an early dating for the NT. There are scholars who believe the Gospel of Matthew was written as early as ten years after the death of Christ. I believe it was written even sooner because of Acts. Acts was written by Luke, and he said it was part two of his former work the gospel of Luke. Acts makes no mention of Paul's death so it was written before Paul died around 65 AD in the Neronian persecutions of Christians. That's an important detail to leave out when you are writing a biography of someone. Therefore, Acts was written around 55 AD so that places Luke around 45 AD. But since Luke took from Mark that places Mark around 35 AD just 2 years after the cross. And because Mark worked closely with Peter, Peter's two books were very early as well.

Those who hold to this earlier or actual dating of Matthew believe he first wrote his Gospel in Aramaic, and then it was later translated into Greek. Another one of the evidences of this earlier dating of Matthew’s Gospel is that early church leaders such as Irenaeus, Origen, and Eusebius recorded that Matthew first wrote his gospel for Jewish believers while he was still in Palestine. In fact Eusebius, a bishop of Caesarea and known as the father of church history, reported that Matthew wrote his Gospel before he left Palestine to preach in other lands, which Eusebius says happened about 12 years after the death of Christ if taken from 30 AD or 9 years removed if taken from 33 AD. Some scholars believe that this would place the writing of Matthew as early as A.D. 40-45 and as late as A.D. 55. Of course, I place it even sooner since there is no reason to suspect any delay in Matthew recording his perspective or account of the events surrounding the life, death, resurrection and appearances of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    by Published on 10-02-2011 11:30 PM     Number of Views: 3537 
    1. Categories:
    2. 2015 to 2022

Simplified version: http://biblocality.com/forums/showth...-Way-Around-It!

Have you guys heard about these Lunar Tetrads all over the internet that tell us when Jesus returns?

Jesus was cursing the fig tree representing Israel for not showing its leaves, symbolizing Israel has no life then Jesus said, "Now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branches bud and its leaves begin to sprout, you know that summer is near" (Matt. 24.32). The summer points to the millennial kingdom when Jesus reigns on earth. Israel's branches started to bud when Israel became a nation again May 14, 1948. And its leaves are sprouting again as they continue to get more land to the Euphrates River (Gen. 15.18) and in June 7, 1967 took over Jerusalem. Then Matt. 24.33 says, "In the same way, when you see all these things, you can know his return is very near, right at the door." There is nothing that suggests you can't know the day as you approach that day though of course you can't know the hour. "Very near" would be within a lifetime so within 70 to 80 years according to Ps. 90.10 so no later than 2023 or earlier. Some people suggest you can't know the day, but this only applies to believers in their day these words were spoken to or to the end of the world (Matt. 24.35-36) or prior to the time when Israel would become a nation again (1948) according to Matt. 24.32-33 as the "you can know" is dependent on when Israel is a nation again. Ezekiel prophesied on his side when Israel would become a nation again to the month of May, 1948. Daniel prophesied to when Jesus would be cut off. How very specific is God's word! Therefore, Satan must be behind the "You can't know when Jesus returns" movement. We are to be watchful if we don't know the day as still most won't know the day, but even if you do know the day, still be prepared to be received up before the Tribulation otherwise you will lose this blessing.

Gen. 1.14 says "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs...." And we are told before the great and terrible day of the Lord which is the Tribulation period, specifically there will be a great earthquake, a black sackcloth solar eclipse and a red blood moon in that order (Joel 2.31, Acts 2.20, Rev. 6.12). Earthquakes happen all the time, and total eclipses are not that rare so these must be of a rare kind preceding the Tribulation. Are there any clues to exactly what kind of eclipses?

In 1949/50 there was a Lunar Tetrad in which the total eclipse occurred on passover, tabernacles, and again on passover and tabernacles over 2 years. It happened again 1967/68. The 8th time since Christ it will occur is 2014/15. The 20th century was the first time in history when two Tetrads on feasts occurred within 18 years apart. Surely this should not go unnoticed and has been placed for us in plain site to realize when Jesus returns. This Tetrad won't happen again till 2582/83 so the time is upon us. There is no rare solar eclipse around the 2582/83 Tetrad. The Temple will be built during the 8th Tetrad following when Israel became a nation after 2500 years and reclaimed Jerusalem.

However, none of this holds much water if there is not a substantial solar eclipse just prior to the four red blood moons in 2014/15. To our surprise there is. There is a Long Hybrid, H3 Solar Eclipse, November 3, 2013. This will be the 4th time since Christ it has occurred, and it is the rarest kind of solar eclipse. It finishes off by being a total eclipse which produces that black sackcloth effect noted in Rev. 6.12. But this isn't solidified unless there is a substantial earthquake preceding the solar eclipse. And in fact, there is the earthquakes of Haiti 2010 and Japan 2011. Never in history have two great earthquakes occurred back to back of such magnitude and killed so many people and destroyed so much property. Even in their own right by themselves they are significant breaking new records.

So there you have it, we know the Tribulation can't start before 2015 because Rev. 6.12 is before the Tribulation in keeping with Joel 2.31 and Acts 2.20. But neither can it start after 2016 because it must be completed no later than 2023. We have two 7 year periods to choose from which are 2015-2022 and 2016-2023. Is there more we can examine to determine which of these two periods is the correct one?

Well we know the Tribulation is a 7 year period of 2,520 days like all of Daniel's sixty-nine sevens (Dan. 9.24-27) which began and ended on key holidays. And 2,520 is the smallest number divisible by all numbers from 2 to 10 so that seems like it is of some importance (a basic working unit). As an aside, Israel circled Jericho seven times on the seventh day with seven trumpets. One can say the Trumpets are the Tribulation (loud), not the Seals (Seals are the past 20 centuries opened in secret), and the first time we see any saints in 3rd heaven is in Rev. 7.9 "before the throne". This occurs before the first trumpet of the Tribulation (8.7), therefore there is a rapture before the Tribulation starts; however, it is not for the whole Church, just those in the Church who are alive who are watchful (Matt. 24.40-42), prayerful (Luke 21.36) and who keep the word of His patience (Rev. 3.10). We may include martyrs from the past 20 centuries as well as per the 5th Seal.

As the first four feasts pertain to Jesus' first coming, the last 3 feasts deal with His second coming. The first of those last three feasts is the Feast of Trumpets which represents rapture. This agrees with Revelation 7.9 because it occurs before 8.7. The problem though is if the 2,520th day doesn't land on a special day then there is something wrong with our analysis. The 2,520th day from Feast of Trumpets in 2016 does not land on any special day in 2023. In 2015 Feast of Trumpets is Sept. 14, 2015 but again, on the 2,520th day there is no noticeable holiday...until one realizes that whenever Tisha B'Av, Av 9, falls on a Saturday it is held the day after instead. What is Tisha B'Av? This is when the 1st and 2nd Temples were destroyed-a very sad day for Israel. Is it any wonder Jesus steps down on the mount of olives just as He left (Zech. 14.4, Acts. 1.11, Rev. 1.7) on Sunday, Tisha B'Av, Aug. 7, 2022? His plan is to reign in the 3rd Temple for 1000 years. Many do not have faith to believe in this Jesus who created the universe shall return to reign with His overcomers (Matt. 25.1-13; Jude 14,15; Rev. 19.11-16, 20.4-6) over the nations (2.26) with a "rod of iron" (12.5)-this reward given only to believers who "overcometh" (chapters 2 & 3).

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something, but this seems to be a lock solid proof to know when Jesus returns, and there is no budging on it. The exact date is confined and restricted specifically. You can't get around it. When you try to push it up it is blocked by certain constraints, and when you try to push it out farther, you're prevented by the above factors. Are there any other corroborating points? In Dan. 8.14 we are told the Temple is cleansed after 2300 days. There is, in fact, 2300 days from the 4th day inspection of the lamb, Thursday, April 21, 2016 to Aug. 7, 2022. Fascinating! Passover is April 22.

To dedicate the lamb and red heifer, the Temple would need to be completed by April 20, 2016, the 3rd day inspection of the lamb. Some say it would take 2 years to build the Temple, others say just a couple months. If it takes up to 2 years, construction would need to begin in the year 2014 at the latest you would think.

What are the probabilities of all this? From the year 0 AD there is a 1 in 2010 chance we could have had such amazing earthquakes right when they occurred. Since there has only been one century since Christ when there were two Tetrads that's approximately a 1 in 20 chance for two Tetrads to occur in the 20th century, 2/100 chance one of those Tetrads land on one of the two periods for Israel, and a 1/99 chance for the remaining Tetrad to land on the remaining period (a 1 in 100,000 chance altogether). There is a 1 in 700 chance the rare solar eclipse could have occurred in 2013 right where it needs to be before the 2014/15 Tetrad. There's a 1 in 7 chance Jesus would return on Sunday and a 1 in 7 chance Tisha B'Av would land on a Saturday to be commemorated the day after instead. There is a 1 in 6 chance these 3 events would occur in this precise order according to the Scriptures. And there is a 7 out of 19 chance a seven year period is exactly 2,520 days from Feast of Trumpets to Tisha B'Av when an extra month is added to the Jewish calendar. All told that's a 112 trillion to 1 probability. I would say that is more than ample evidence to know when Jesus returns and to know the signs Jesus said to watch out for for His return.

Scholars add up the dates of people in the OT and they come to 4004 BC. Adam would have been 18 years old in 3986 BC (perhaps the age of accountability for him). There are 6,000 years or 120 Jubilees from 3986 BC to 2015 AD. So the Day of Atonement, Sept. 23, 2015 should be of great importance that year. From June 7, 1967 when Israel entered Jerusalem there are 49 sets of 7 years, 360 days each, to the Day of Atonement in 2015 (a total of 17,640 days). Wow! This is a double fulfillment of the declaration to rebuild the Temple Nisan 1, 444 BC that would be rebuilt in troublous times and take seven sets of seven to complete; then there would be 62 more sets of seven for a total of 69 sets of seven or 173,880 days that takes us to exactly Monday, Nisan 10, March 28, 33 AD (Gregorian)-the first day of the 4 day inspection of the lamb. The 4th day is Thursday, March 31, 33 AD when Jesus was captured. He died the following day on Passover, Nisan 14, April 1, 33 AD. Satan calls this day April Fool's Day. How evil Satan is!

I was curious about when the 1260 days of the Two Witnesses Enoch and Elijah would take place. It doesn't make sense they are killed in the middle of the Tribulation, nor at the very end because it seems they are killed in Revelation 11 before the 7th trumpet rapture and resurrection takes place in Rev. 11.15. As it turns out there are exactly 1260 days from Monday, Nisan 10, April 18, 2016-the 1st day of the 4 day inspection of the lamb-to Feast of Trumpets Sept. 30, 2019. Other verses for the 7th trumpet rapture and resurrection are 1 Cor. 15.23,52; 1 Thess. 4.14-18; Rev. 14.14-16, 15.2-4. After the Great Tribulation starts (Rev. 9.1) of 42 months, there will be 5 months of the 5th trumpet (1st woe) plus a year, a month, a day, and an hour of the 6th trumpet (2nd woe) then follows the 7th trumpet rapture and resurrection which leaves 24 months till the end of the Tribulation (42 - 5 - 13 = 24). Based on these verses, the date for the final harvest would be Aug. 19, 2020 give or take a day (and this is the start of the 3rd woe or 7th trumpet). The 7th trumpet contains and pours out the 7 bowls of wrath. We are not appointed unto wrath. Even then people don't repent (9.20-21).

From the 1260th day Aug. 7, 2022 to the 1290th day are 30 days more for Jesus to judge the nations then there are 45 days more after that to the 1335th day for Jesus to set up Israel as the center of all nations. This 1335th day would be Oct. 21, 2022 after the last 3 feasts. Tabernacles runs from Oct. 10 to 16. Next follows the last two holidays of the year on the 17th and 18th; the second of which is called Simchat Torah when Israel takes out the Torah Scroll from the Holy of Holies to read it once a year (as well as the 3 items of the Ark of the Covenant). If we apply a 4 day inspection for the Lamb before the Son of Man officially reigns in the millennial kingdom, those 4 days are Oct. 18, 19, 20, 21. That's amazing!

What is the sign of the Son of Man in Matt. 24.30 for His return? I propose it is Jupiter in the sky in 2022 which occurs earlier in the year. It will be the closest to earth it has been in hundreds of years, visible for us to see, and the the NASA site for this occurrence, says it will sparkle with many comets hitting its surface. What a beautiful site that would be. Let us give praise to God for His soon return! Amen.