• Churchwork

by Published on 12-15-2009 07:56 AM     Number of Views: 4825 
    1. Categories:
    2. Calvinism

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1.3).

God did NOT make beings to do evil, but certainly created the option to do evil so that we have true free will.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (Is. 45.7). To be understood more clearly the NLT reads,

"I am the one who creates the light and makes the darkness. I am the one who sends good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things."

Why would God send bad times? Because it is the proper response to evil and sinfulness.

For example, God hardened the Pharaoh's heart, after the Pharaoh hardened his own heart first and in so doing increases the likelihood the Pharaoh would repent without forcing the Pharaoh to repent or infringe on his free will.

And we all know what happened during the 10 plagues as well as what happened to Pharaoh's army in the Gulf of Aqaba.
    by Published on 12-15-2009 07:56 AM     Number of Views: 1199 
    1. Categories:
    2. Spiritual Christian Life

Numbers 7.1-9: "And it came to pass on the day that Moses had fully set up the tabernacle, and had anointed it, and sanctified it, and all the instruments thereof, both the altar and all the vessels thereof, and had anointed them, and sanctified them; That the princes of Israel, heads of the house of their fathers, who [were] the princes of the tribes, and were over them that were numbered, offered: And they brought their offering before the LORD, six covered wagons, and twelve oxen; a wagon for two of the princes, and for each one an ox: and they brought them before the tabernacle.

"And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Take it of them, that they may be to do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation; and thou shalt give them unto the Levites, to every man according to his service.

"And Moses took the wagons and the oxen, and gave them unto the Levites. Two wagons and four oxen he gave unto the sons of Gershon, according to their service: And four wagons and eight oxen he gave unto the sons of Merari, according unto their service, under the hand of Ithamar the son of Aaron the priest. But unto the sons of Kohath he gave none: because the service of the sanctuary belonging unto them was that they should bear upon their shoulders."

The purpose of the wagons was to move all the components of the Tabernacle, including the Ark (which holds the components of our spirit in the Holy of Holies of our innerman or innerwoman) as the Israelites moved on their way to the Promise Land. The whole congregation needs to participate and supply whatever is needed.

What struck me when I read this portion of Scripture was 1) we each have our job today and 2) each need certain goods or funds to accomplish that task. There is no need for excess. Those who work in the secular world supply the need of the spiritual workers and the top echelon of spiritual workers really need very little because "the service of the sanctuary belongs unto them" which is simply what "they should bear upon their shoulders."

As I write this I really feel like I am the latter person, because even when I was wealthy, but now I am poor, I never bought anything, never needed anything, just the enjoyment of God's word. I don't understand it, but I feel it intuitively in my spirit's innerman, and that's how I know it is right, since it is in agreement with God's Word. I am drawn to be like this because this is where the Holy Spirit is moving me. It's quite contrary to my previous attitude of trying to get ahead and excel in the world. Such ambition though in the backdrop of eternity seems so foolish now!

The world doesn't understand this, or even if they do they don't care anyway. But I think what those in the Church fail to realize is we will all have to go through this consecration one way or another before the New City arrives. Better we consecration ourselves and take care of our ark which is our spirit as God would have it to walk by sooner than later, because it is unto rewards and loss of rewards for the millennial kingdom. Praise the Lord! Amen.
    by Published on 12-15-2009 07:56 AM     Number of Views: 3249 
    1. Categories:
    2. Dead Sea Scrolls

At least 18 passages are found in the Dead Sea Scrolls for the New Testament and are a MUST before 68 AD because the Essene community at that location were wiped by that time. The passages are from Mark, Acts, Romans, 1 Timothy, 2 Peter and James. Not enough time for legend to develop or he said, she said.

by Published on 12-15-2009 01:56 AM     Number of Views: 3354 
    1. Categories:
    2. War Related Issues

5 million died in religious wars involving Christians throughout all history, but over 100 million died in secular wars by a particular human philosophy, e.g. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels using dialectical materialism or communism killed over 100 million in 50 years, in just 50 years. Niche so influenced Hitler and calvinistically, 6 million Jews were killed, and Stalin killed 10 million Christians.

What charities or universities have atheists brought into the world? None! They are parasites on the carcass of Christianity. They live off us, they survive because of us, they give nothing to the world, and they take anything they can get their hands on. 78% of hospitals in USA were built by Christians. What has atheism and agnosticism done for mankind lately? Nothing. Atheist philosophers contribute nothing to life.

by Published on 12-15-2009 01:56 AM     Number of Views: 3204 
    1. Categories:
    2. William Lane Craig vs. ...

Each of the major changes in our evolutionary development are themselves so improbable without God's involvement they would have to be a miracle and thus proof of God, the giver of miracles, since atheism doesn't allow for miracles.

Atheists don't think God would be all-good to allow suffering, but that suffering happens anyway in a naturalistic world, so is it a doublestandard to accuse God and not an atheistic world. Any theory someone has ought not to contradict itself, and this accusation against God by atheists is contradicting themselves.

If God caused less suffering in the world would that draw more or less people to Him in a loving relationship? If there is no suffering what need do you have for God? Once you realize suffering occurs because of man's sin, you will be dependent on God.

In order to maximally save the most, it appears a world of suffering is necessary, because God is not going to prevent the creation of some on account of the many who refuse His saving grace.

To deny the cause of the universe outside of time is to deny a cause for the universe, thus nothing would exist. No matter how you think about God and the universe, each time the only explanation that makes any sense is that God did it.

by Published on 12-15-2009 01:56 AM     Number of Views: 2148 
    1. Categories:
    2. Atheist, Agnostic, Agtheist

Atheists say you can't use logic to prove God exists because they claim that you can't prove that logic exists or if it is truly logical or that something deemed to be logical necessarily will always remain so. And they try to prove this in various ways.

However, this approach by atheists is self-contradictory, because the atheist is asserting by their own attempt at logic to make their claim, when they claim such behavior and activity is itself illogical.

Funny. Embarrassing. This is called a doublestandard, or violating the law of non-contradiction.

Another one. Atheists say truth is relative, but that itself is an absolute statement, so their claim is self-contradictory.

Again, the thoughts are an atheist are that of a dullard!
    by Published on 12-14-2009 07:56 AM     Number of Views: 1772 
    1. Categories:
    2. Hell

I like this argument. You can't have it both ways. You can't say God would be evil for allowing evil into the world and then blame God for responding to such evil by quarantining them in Hell.

God's full of compassion and mercy for He came into His creation to provide the solution the problem in what He did for us on the cross for forgiveness of sins to redeem us back to Him.

Here's another contradiction but not in the video. An atheist accuses God of the evil in the world but the evil happens nonetheless, so why is ok for atheism to have this evil but not God allow it for a time due to the sin of rebellion? Should there not be consequences to sin?

Whereas God is slowly eradicating sin, in atheism evil is just part of naturalism. So the atheist doesn't pluck the log out of his own eye while misrepresenting God of the Bible.

We must appreciate that if man did not have the choice to rebel then free will wouldn't truly be free and we would be something less than human or automatons. God wants a relationship with man made in His image not robots.

I've never met a logical or ethical atheist in my life.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast