• Churchwork

by Published on 12-15-2009 08:52 PM     Number of Views: 1654 
    1. Categories:
    2. LDS/Mormons

There can only be one transcendent, always existing intelligent being because if you introduce another transcendent entity, they would be de facto (in fact, in reality; though not formerly recognized by all) competing with each other and thus, neither would be transcendent over the other. But the very nature of being uncreated, always existing, from everlasting, before time, and infinitely greater is that of transcendence: transcending all things, both time and space; not just some things.

Will you receive Jesus as the creator of all things now, who with the Father and the Holy Ghost, the One True [Triune] God, as the uncaused cause of all things?

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1.3).

God did NOT make beings to do evil, but certainly created the option to do evil so that we have true free will.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (Is. 45.7). To be understood more clearly the NLT reads,

"I am the one who creates the light and makes the darkness. I am the one who sends good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things."

Why would God send bad times? Because it is the proper response to evil and sinfulness.

For example, God hardened the Pharaoh's heart, after the Pharaoh hardened his own heart first and in so doing increases the likelihood the Pharaoh would repent without forcing the Pharaoh to repent or infringe on his free will.

And we all know what happened during the 10 plagues as well as what happened to Pharaoh's army in the Gulf of Aqaba.
    by Published on 12-15-2009 08:52 PM     Number of Views: 2970 
    1. Categories:
    2. LDS/Mormons

First, like Judaism, the Christian Gospel proclaims that God created all things 'out of nothing' ('ex nihilo'). This is contrary to the Greek view of pre-existing eternal matter. Second, since God created all things, including matter, Christianity (with Judaism) understands matter in general, and the human body in particular, as 'very good' (Gen 1:31). The Hellenistic worldview understood matter as questionable at best--if not down-right evil. The body was seen as something like an unnatural tomb, within which the eternal human soul was temporarily trapped until released by death. Whereas, with Judaism, Christianity proclaimed that to be human was to have a body, and thus that we would experience resurrection of the body (an incorruptible body!) in the after-life, the Greek view of the after-life was freedom from the body.

So you see Mormonism with its infinite regress, spirit beings and not returning with Christ in our bodies to reign during the 1000 years is so Hellenistic.

Now I know why Mormons always accuse Christians of Hellenization, because the Mormon is just projecting their own condition of being trapped in Hellinising themselves.

My advise to Mormons and LDS. Don't take it out on us Christians, but repent of your false teachings.
    by Published on 12-15-2009 08:52 PM     Number of Views: 6119 
    1. Categories:
    2. LDS/Mormons

"Do you still think it's enough just to believe that there is one God? Well, even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror!" (James 2.9). It is not enough to know there is only one God, but you must receive Him honestly, truthfully and humbly. A Mormon is worse off than a demon.

There are lots of gods in Mormonism. Sometimes they get their gods mixed up. Who is the author of confusion?

Not once in the New Testament do you find Jesus called the Father.

We read the Jesus of Mormonism “being the Father and the Son…thus becoming the Father and Son” (Mosiah 15.2,3).

The Bible says, “in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” (Matt. 28.19). “My judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me…the testimony of two…is true…. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me” (John 8.16-18).

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him” (John 14.23).

Paul maintains the same: “Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ” (Rom. 1.7).
    by Published on 12-15-2009 08:52 PM     Number of Views: 1916 
    1. Categories:
    2. Judaism

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Numb. 23.19).

"And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent" (1 Sam. 15.29).

God is not a man but He can come in the likeness of flesh in Jesus, 2nd Person of the Trinity, or in other instances such as the three angels as men before Abraham - the Trinity of God.

While the Father remained in heaven, the 2nd Person entered His creation. But with Abraham, the Father, Son and Spirit came in human likeness.

God is complex in His unity. He has diversity in His unity. Whereas other claims have a god without this complexity and diversity. Still others make their god among many gods, so they have diversity but no unity, nor complexity in the unity of one God alone from everlasting.

A complex God always trumps a simple god or a god who has human form, that is, made in man's image such as the god of mormonism.

by Published on 12-15-2009 08:52 PM     Number of Views: 1943 
    1. Categories:
    2. LDS/Mormons

Atheists believe in infinite regress. They have no faith in the One True God as the uncreated Creator. Mormons also believe in infinite regress because they have no faith in the One True God as the uncreated Creator.

Do you see how Satan has tricked you Mormons all this time?

Christians reject infinite regress and have faith in the One True God as the uncreated Creator.

Scientifically something can't come from nothing, and there must be an uncreated Creator who alone created all things, because transcendence does not compete or share being uncreated, always having existed with others, otherwise He loses His transcendence.
    by Published on 12-15-2009 02:56 PM     Number of Views: 5012 
    1. Categories:
    2. Calvinism

It's wonderful to see when Calvinists repent of Calvinism and give their lives to Christ to be born-again. The particular ex-Calvinist in this video had been a Calvinist for 26 years, now he is an OSAS Arminian.

In 1833 George Wilson received a pardon from Andrew Jackson. He was guilty of robbing the federal mail and was condemned to death. Wilson rejected the pardon, so they were going to execute him. Lawyers took it all the way to the supreme court, saying you cannot execute a man who has been pardoned. The supreme court justice marshal said, "A pardon unreceived is a pardon unaffected." It was provided but not received so Wilson was executed. Therefore, there is no double jeopardy committed.

Double jeopardy has been answered by legal scholars against Calvinists who still cling to accusing Christians of violating this law. In Calvinism their own god passes over souls without grace which is itself a violation of double jeopardy because many Calvinists, embarrassed by limited atonement, place the person in Hell anyway. The Calvinist commits the very crime he accuses Christians of.

In contrast in Christianity a person goes to Hell because he doesn't appropriate God's forgiveness, whereas in Calvinism their god could have and should have saved all yet they go to Hell anyway. What love is this to be acquitted or could have been given the grace to repent and thus be acquitted yet passed over (preterition) for Hell anyway?

Many Calvinist embarrassed even further will try to say you do have a choice, but when confronted with the choice everyone refuses God, so that's why God has to regenerate people and then they have free will to accept God but never reject Him. How is this free will if they could never reject God? When asked, doesn't this seem contradictory? they say, it's just the way God does it and we are not to understand this mystery. This is the response all cults given when confronted about their specific cult teaching. This is what the ex-Calvinist, new born babe in Christ, realized and acknowledged he was never saved for 26 years while he was a Calvinist. Praise the Lord! He is our brother in Christ now.

The two part Christian, two part Calvinist and one part mingled Christian/Calvinist is still an unregenerate with his heart separated from God because he still worships a god who sends people to Hell just because they were born into sin, and this evil spirit forces salvation on people. Whenever you confront a Calvinist, keep in the forefront of your mind the 6 major sins of Calvinism to protect you from Satan's deception of simulating God's redemptive design.

by Published on 12-15-2009 07:56 AM     Number of Views: 2277 
    1. Categories:
    2. LDS/Mormons

Revelation doesn't contradict itself with the final word of God (66 books of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation). Shutting your mind down is not a sign of repentance. There are consequences: "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book" (Rev. 22.18,19).

Those who had believed on Christ "shall never perish" (John 10.28), but Mormons/LDS say they can perish.

"All things were made by him [Jesus]; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1.3), but Mormons/LDS say Jesus didn't create everything.

The Triune God "who alone" (1 Tim. 6.16) is "from everlasting" (Neh. 9.5), but Mormons/LDS say He is not.

Joseph Smith was a great liar like the father of lies. His purpose was to take as many people to Hell with him as as he could, "until you...are able to dwell in everlasting burnings" (LDS President Joseph Smith, History of the Church, Vol.6, Ch.14, p.305-6, LDS Collectors Library '97 CD-ROM).

Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Isaiah 43.10).

Seems pretty clear to me God never had a God father and we will not become gods.

Therefore, Mormonism is a lie. Accept it. Take your medicine, leave the cult and give your life to the true Jesus who created all things. Otherwise, you will spend eternity in Hell Doug. ...
    Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast