Everlasting Joy and Peace

1. Nottheworld
    Nottheworld
    Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up unto eternal life. John 4.14.

Whatever comes from outside is useless in really satisfying anyone. But if a person receives Christ, the latter will become a spring in him so that he is daily satisfied. What men lack is inner satisfaction. Once a man went to visit his doctor. He asked his doctor why he felt life was so tasteless and without hope. After he was examined, he was told that there was nothing physically wrong with him. So the man asked if there was any remedy for such depression. The doctor replied: "You should enjoy yourself. Why don’t you go see the theatrical play of a certain clown. He has great ability to make people laugh and to be happy." "I am that clown," said the man, "and though I can make other people laugh, I myself cannot laugh." How sad, yet this is only what the world can give—perhaps a few laughs and some temporary joy.But the joy and satisfaction the Lord gives is everlasting!