View RSS Feed

The Only Way in Christ

My Email to Dan Barker the Atheist - Why He is Going to Hell According to the Bible

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Dan Barker (dbarker@ffrf.org),

For me it is simple. We observe trillions of cause and effects in nature, and no hard evidence of something from nothing. So this overwhelming preponderance of evidence beyond a reasonable doubt tells us nature can't start up from nothing. Nor can it always have existed, because if there was an infinite regress of cause and effects, you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so. So nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is whom we call God. Thus, atheism is false.

Knowing God exists, ask which one is true since only one can be true for God does not contradict Himself, and there can only be one uncreated Creator otherwise you have to ask where these others came from. God is accessible and personal because He can't be less than us with these qualities we are endowed with. The greater can never be less than the lesser. Since God is personal and accessible, we need only consider the accessible faiths that make up the vast majority of faiths: Christianity, Islam, Hinduism.

Islam is false because you can't come along six centuries later with no evidence to claim Jesus didn't die on the cross. That's an assumed religion. Hinduism fails because its god Brahma is said to be amoral, but again, how can the Creator have a morality below that of His creation? Moreover, reincarnation doesn't effectively address our fallen nature as you get endless chances to come back as a frog then become a human being again if you were a good frog. How can you place the burden of man's destiny on the brain of a frog? Very neatly we see that salvation is not by works lest any man should boast. No amount of self-strength, self-reflection or frog work can bridge the gap between you and God. Therefore, we know God intervenes and even enters His creation as Jesus did. Truly unique among the world's faiths. Without knowing anything else then we know God of the Bible is the correct one.

Very simply, there are no known naturalistic explanations to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings. The Minimal Facts Approach (coined by Gary R. Habermas - the leading scholar on the planet today for the resurrection) is where most scholars agree that the Apostles truly believed Jesus rose from the dead and consider 1 Cor. 15, Gal. 1 & 2 Paul's true testimony and authorship. He said he spent 15 days with Peter, and time with John and James (brother of Jesus) as well. They agreed on their eyewitness testimony. People don't willingly die for what they know is a lie. Group hallucinations are impossible. The swoon theory fails because Jesus all tattered and torn would not convince anyone He is God. And even second generation Apostles like Polycarp and Clement of Rome, and others, said they personally knew Peter, John, Paul, and other Apostles. This multiple corroboration is the best evidence you could ask for. In your own mind try to come up with a better proof. God's proof evidentially will always outshine what you can concoct.

Dan, no matter how much you thought you were a Christian you never were one, because the Bible defines a Christian as once-saved-always-saved (John 10.28). So according to the Bible you are going to Hell. I think even you would concede you are going to Hell if Jesus and the Apostles did not lie. Since Jesus was not a liar or a lunatic, He must be God!

Dan Barker, you lose not just debate, but life itself. Instead of receiving eternal life, you will receive eternal damnation and go to the Lake of Fire. That's the type of person you want to be with your free will. So be it! However, I would not wish up my worse enemy where you prefer to go to be eternally separated from your Creator. You're a bad guy! No doubt about it as you want no relationship with God's only begotten Son Christ Jesus, nor His forgiveness by dying on the cross for the sins of the world that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. Who needs God right? when you make yourself the center of all things with your talents and strengths. But really how does your life match up to an infinitely great God? Not so good in that light.

[Jhn 3:15-21 KJV] 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Submit "My Email to Dan Barker the Atheist - Why He is Going to Hell According to the Bible" to Digg Submit "My Email to Dan Barker the Atheist - Why He is Going to Hell According to the Bible" to del.icio.us Submit "My Email to Dan Barker the Atheist - Why He is Going to Hell According to the Bible" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Email to Dan Barker the Atheist - Why He is Going to Hell According to the Bible" to Google

Comments

Do you think Dan thinks of himself as a carnival barker? He seems to act like one in his public debates. Put him next to Lawrence Krauss and you have a carnival barker and a clown. Krauss looks and acts like a clown, while Dan acts like a carnival barker.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: