View RSS Feed

everstill

What Were the 7 Words Jesus Spoke on the Cross?

Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
The 7 Words Jesus Spoke on the Cross

On the cross, our Lord spoke seven words, which were: (1) “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do”—forgive on the basis of atonement; (2) “To day shalt thou be with me in Paradise”—the teaching out of redemption; (3) “Behold, thy mother,” Jesus had said to John—signifying that all who are born of God become one family, and this is due to the work of redemption; (4) “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”—He who knew no sin was made sin for us; (5) “I thirst”—for the wrath of God was on Him; (6) “It is finished”—He cried with a loud voice that it was done, indicating by this that the work of redemption was finished; and (7) “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit”—He gave up or dismissed his spirit, which meant that though men could crucify Him they themselves could not put Him to death. He himself gave up His own life.

The veil is now rent; otherwise, no man could ever draw near to God. Man of old could enter into the holy place, but never the holiest of all except for the high priest who in type represented the Great High Priest (Jesus) who was to come. It is God who has rent the veil; thus the way to God is opened. Because Christ died, I now can live. Because He lives, I may enter into glory.

Submit "What Were the 7 Words Jesus Spoke on the Cross?" to Digg Submit "What Were the 7 Words Jesus Spoke on the Cross?" to del.icio.us Submit "What Were the 7 Words Jesus Spoke on the Cross?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What Were the 7 Words Jesus Spoke on the Cross?" to Google

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: