• Is Jesus the Father in the New Testament?

"Do you still think it's enough just to believe that there is one God? Well, even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror!" (James 2.9). It is not enough to know there is only one God, but you must receive Him honestly, truthfully and humbly. A Mormon is worse off than a demon.

There are lots of gods in Mormonism. Sometimes they get their gods mixed up. Who is the author of confusion?

Not once in the New Testament do you find Jesus called the Father.

We read the Jesus of Mormonism “being the Father and the Son…thus becoming the Father and Son” (Mosiah 15.2,3).

The Bible says, “in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” (Matt. 28.19). “My judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me…the testimony of two…is true…. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me” (John 8.16-18).

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him” (John 14.23).

Paul maintains the same: “Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ” (Rom. 1.7).
    Comments 2 Comments
      Churchwork -
      Book of Mormon Mosiah 15.1-4

1. I would that ye should understand that God himself shall come down among the children of men, and shall redeem his people.

2. And because he dwelleth in flesh he shall be called the Son of God, and having subjected the flesh to the will of the Father, being the Father and the Son—

"God himself...dwelleth in flesh...called Son of God...subjected...to the will of the Father, being Father and Son." Question: How can the Son of God Jesus be the Father while subjecting Himself to the will of the Father? Subjecting yourself to the will of another means you are not that person so you should not call yourself that person.

Mormons say in Is. 9.6 Jesus is the everlasting father...which is true to Israel for He saved them from the Pharaoh, but Jesus is not the Everlasting Father to Christians. Never does Jesus pray to Himself only to the Father.

In Mosiah 15.2 Jesus is subjecting Himself to the Father. In. Is. 9.6 Jesus is not subjecting Himself to the everlasting father since Jesus is the everlasting father, so these must be two different applications of the word 'father'. The Father He is subjecting Himself to cannot be Jesus the Son so in verse 2 Jesus cannot be the Father when it says He is the Father. The 'Father that is being subjected to' and 'being the Father' are the same Father in Mosiah verse 2, nonetheless, a complete contradiction. A daughter can't be subject to a mother at the same time being this same mother.

3. The Father, because he was conceived by the power of God; and the Son, because of the flesh; thus becoming the Father and Son—

This to my mind changes the meaning of Father as just a descriptor of the power of God and Son as being in the flesh. Or, does it mean the Father was conceived by a man and a woman having sexual intercourse? It's not clear to me yet. But Mormons say the Father is one being and the Son is another being, so how can Jesus be both Father and Son?

4. And they are one God, yea, the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth.

When you say "one God" do you mean one God of multiple beings? It seems to me One God is One Being. That is traditional Monotheism.
      Parture -
      Scott Sigler (Mormon)

I know that you are not modalist/unitarian but a polytheist/tritheist/henotheist. Modalists teach that Jesus is just another "mode" of the Father so he is really just praying to himself in the NT. But you don't believe that nor do I since I am Trinitarian. You believe the Father, Son and Spirit are different beings whereas I believe they are One Being, but how can this "father" reference in Is. 9.6 be the same as God the Father in the NT since in the NT Jesus prays to the Father whereas Jesus doesn't pray to Himself as the Father in Is. 9.6?