• Salvation, Overcomer's Life RSS Feed

by Published on 06-16-2011 11:36 AM     Number of Views: 1718 
    1. Categories:
    2. Regeneration

If you are sincere and intellectually honest with yourself you will ask yourself this life changing question. The alternative is to remain eternally separated from your Creator. Free will is not true free will unless you have this choice. You wouldn't want it any other way for anything else is lesser, unsatisfying, insufficient and deficient.

Since almost all scholars in this field agree based on historical standards the original disciples truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings and Jesus was the most documented person in antiquity (i.e. 45 sources within 150 years of his death, 17 of which are non-Christian), it is incumbent on you (i.e., burden of proof) to find a naturalistic explanation for the origin of the disciples' beliefs for their eyewitness testimony. Otherwise your faith is blind, self indulgent, illogical and unjustifiable. What say you?

I hold the same standard for myself that I judge you with. "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again" (Matt. 7.2). But since I give into this evidence I will not be judged for the judgment that comes upon a person who rejects Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, Creator, 2nd Person of the Trinity, died on the cross for the sins of the world (to save whosoever is willing to believe in Him, John 3.16), and resurrected the third day to give everlasting life-eternal life as opposed to conscious eternal separation in eternal perdition (Hell). "And death and hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire" (v.14) which is Hell. Unlike any natural fire that burns out, this one never does. "He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone" (14.10), and "they have no rest day nor night" (v.11), for it "will never burn out" (Matt. 25.41). They "will never die, and the fire that burns them will never go out" (Is. 66.24). This fire represents eternal judgment from which there is no escape nor would the unsaved want to leave this place, because they want to be eternally separated from God. This place has no love, no peace and no joy. Most of all it is without God's presence.

Many theories have been put forth to try to refute this truth but they don't work:
    1. Hallucination theory fails because modern psychology says group hallucinations are impossible.
    2. Swoon theory fails because Jesus wouldn't have look much like a risen Messiah all beat up.
    3. Empty tomb theory doesn't present any challenge to their eyewitness testimony.
    4. Twin theory is silly for no mention is made of this twin brother amongst Jesus' brothers and sisters.
    5. Legend theory fails because no documents in antiquity are so closely recorded to the time of events.
    6. Fraud theory is unworkable because people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie.
    7. Independent story is not tenable because of so much corroboration, e.g. second generation apostle Polycarp was a student of John and Clement of Rome was friends with Peter, and multiple books with different writing styles cross-reference many workers together setting up the churches, e.g. Paul said he spent 15 days with Peter and with John and James on more than one occasion. Mark and Barnabas worked with Paul, Peter and John. And Luke who wrote Luke and Acts worked with Paul and Peter. To name a few!

In conclusion, a Christian is fully justified in Christ with this evidence. It stands up in a court of law. Christianity is unique because only in our faith does God enter His creation, pays the ransom for sin as only God could do, and proves Himself unequivocally by His resurrection. There can be no greater proof. A non-Christian (Hindu, Muslim, Atheist, etc.) has no evidence for his or her faith for they just take it on blind faith. Understand carefully that believing something doesn't make it true. You need evidence. Amen! "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" (1 Thess. 5.21).

Unless you believe in Jesus who He truly is, God has no choice but to send you where you want to go. "That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM who I claim to be, you will die in your sins" (John 8.24).

Praise the Lord!
    by Published on 04-30-2011 11:39 AM     Number of Views: 1249 
    1. Categories:
    2. Consecration and Breaking

We reckon therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. Romans 3.28.
    The concepts towards the law in today’s church are of two opposite kinds:

(1) People are saved by grace and not by keeping the law; but to attain sanctification we must keep the law.

(2) Again, people are saved by grace and not by keeping the law; and hence we need not keep the law after we are saved, though we do keep the commandment of grace.

The latter concept is correct. The gist of the Letter to the Romans is that no sinner can be justified by the works of the law; while the theme of the Letter to the Galatians is that no saved person can be sanctified by the works of the law.

These two letters have sufficiently proven that neither justification nor sanctification comes by the works of the law. ...
    by Published on 04-25-2011 04:24 PM     Number of Views: 2026 
    1. Categories:
    2. Dividing Spirit, Soul, Body

The Deliverance of the Cross

Upon reciting many deeds of the flesh in his Galatian letter, the Apostle Paul then points out that “those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires” (Gal. 5.24). Here is deliverance. Is it not strange that what concerns the believer vastly differs from what concerns God? The former is concerned with “the works of the flesh” (Gal. 5.19), that is, with the varying sins of the flesh. He is occupied with today’s anger, tomorrow’s jealousy, or the day after tomorrow’s strife. The believer mourns over a particular sin and longs for victory over it. Yet all these sins are but fruits from the same tree. While plucking one fruit (actually one cannot pick off any), out crops another. One after another they grow, giving him no chance for victory. On the other hand God is concerned not with the works of the flesh but with “the flesh” itself (Gal. 5.24). Had the tree been put to death, would there be any need to fear lest it bear fruit? The believer busily makes plans to handle sins—which are the fruits, while forgetting to deal with the flesh itself—which is the root. No wonder that before he can clear up one sin, another has burst forth. We must therefore deal today with the source of sin.

Babes in Christ need to appropriate the deeper meaning of the cross, for they are still carnal. The aim of God is to crucify the believer’s old man with Christ with the result that they who belong to Christ “have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” Bear in mind that it is the flesh together with its powerful passions and desires that has been crucified. As the sinner was regenerated and redeemed from his sins through the cross, so now the carnal babe in Christ must be delivered from the rule of the flesh by the same cross so that he can walk according to the Spirit and no longer according to the flesh. Thereafter it will not be long before he becomes a spiritual Christian.

Here we find the contrast between the fall of man and the operation of the cross. The salvation provided by the latter is just the remedy for the former. How fitting indeed they are to each other. Firstly, Christ died on the cross for the sinner to remit his sin. A holy God could now righteously forgive him. But secondly, the sinner as well died on the cross with Christ so that he might not be controlled any longer by his flesh. Only this can enable man’s spirit to regain its proper rule, make the body its outward servant and the soul its intermediary. In this way the spirit, the soul, and the body are restored to their original position before the fall. If we are ignorant of the meaning of the death herein described we shall not be delivered. May the Holy Spirit be our Revealer.

“Those who belong to Christ Jesus” refers to every believer in the Lord. All who have believed Him and are born anew belong to Him. The deciding factor ...
    by Published on 04-09-2011 12:06 AM     Number of Views: 2329 
    1. Categories:
    2. The Fall of Man

Adam lived by the breath of life becoming spirit in him. By the spirit he sensed God, knew God’s voice, and communed with God. He had a very keen awareness of God. But after his fall his spirit died.

When God spoke to Adam at the first He said, “in the day that you eat of it (the fruit of the tree of good and evil) you shall die” (Gen. 2.17). Adam and Eve nevertheless continued on for hundreds of years after eating the forbidden fruit. This obviously indicates that the death God foretold was not physical. Adam’s death began in his spirit.

What really is death? According to its scientific definition, death is “the cessation of communication with environment.” Death of the spirit is the cessation of its communication with God. Death of the body is the cutting off of communication between spirit and body. So when we say the spirit is dead it does not imply there is no more spirit; we simply mean the spirit has lost its sensitivity towards God and thus is dead to Him. The exact situation is that the spirit is incapacitated, unable to commune with God. To illustrate. A dumb person has a mouth and lungs but something is wrong with his vocal cords and he is powerless to speak. So far as human language is concerned his mouth may be considered dead. Similarly Adam’s spirit died because of his disobedience to God. He still had his spirit, yet it was dead to God for it had lost its spiritual instinct. It is still so; sin has destroyed the spirit’s keen intuitive knowledge of God and rendered man spiritually dead. He may be religious, moral, learned, capable, strong and wise, but he is dead to God. He may even talk about God, reason about God and preach God, but he is still dead to Him. Man is not able to hear or to sense the voice of God’s Spirit. Consequently in the New Testament God often refers to those who are living in the flesh as dead.
    by Published on 04-01-2011 09:51 AM     Number of Views: 2845 
    1. Categories:
    2. Dividing Spirit, Soul, Body

Which Do You Think is the Correct Interpretation (Simpler Version)
    of This Phrase on Page 24, Vol. 1 of The Spiritual Man?
    "Entrance of the uncreated life of God into man"

“And Jehovah God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” (Gen. 2.7 ASV). When God first created man He formed him of dust from the ground, and then breathed “the breath of life” into his nostrils. As soon as the breath of life, which became man’s spirit, came into contact with man’s body, the soul was produced. Hence the soul is the combination of man’s body and spirit. The Scriptures therefore call man “a living soul.” The breath of life became man’s spirit; that is, the principle of life within him. The Lord Jesus tells us “it is the spirit that gives life” (John 6.63). This breath of life comes from the Lord of Creation. However, we must not confuse man’s spirit with God’s Holy Spirit. The latter differs from our human spirit. Romans 8.16 demonstrates their difference by declaring that “it is the Spirit himself bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God.” The original of the word “life” in “breath of life” is chay and is in the plural. This may refer to the fact that the inbreathing of God produced a twofold life, soulical and spiritual. When the inbreathing of God entered man’s body it became the spirit of man; but when the spirit reacted with the body the soul was produced. This explains the source of our spiritual and soulical lives. We must recognize, though, that this spirit is not God’s Own life, for “the breath of the Almighty gives me life” (Job 33.4). It is not the entrance of the uncreated life of God into man, neither is it that life of God which we receive at regeneration. What we receive at new birth is God’s Own life as typified by the tree of life. But our human spirit, though permanently existing, is void of “eternal life.”

Option A:
    We must recognize, though, that this spirit is not God’s Own life [THE HOLY SPIRIT], for “the breath of the Almighty gives me life” (Job 33.4). It is not the entrance of the uncreated life of God into man [GOD BREATHING HIS LIFE INTO MAN TO CREATE A LIVING SOUL], neither is it that life of God which we receive at regeneration [ETERNAL LIFE]. What we receive at new birth is God’s Own life [SAME ETERNAL LIFE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT] as typified by the tree of life. But our human spirit, though permanently existing, is void of “eternal life.”
    Option B:
    We must recognize, though, that this spirit is not God’s Own life [THE HOLY SPIRIT], for “the breath of the Almighty gives me life” (Job 33.4). It is not the entrance of the uncreated life of God into man [GIVING MAN ETERNAL LIFE], neither is it that life of God which we receive at regeneration [HIS INDWELLING HOLY SPIRIT]. What we receive at new birth is God’s Own
    by Published on 03-31-2011 08:04 AM     Number of Views: 1426 
    1. Categories:
    2. Consecration and Breaking

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace . . . Galatians 5.22

In examining the fruits of the Holy Spirit—which express Christian witness—we shall readily see that they are none other than selfless acts. What is love? Love is loving others without thinking of self. What is joy? It is looking at God in spite of self. Patience is despising one’s own hardship. Peace is disregarding one’s loss. Gentleness is overlooking one’s rights. Humility is forgetting one’s merits. Temperance is the self under control. And faithfulness is self-restraint. As we examine every Christian virtue, we will discern that other than being delivered from self or being forgetful of self, a believer has no other virtue. The fruit of the Holy Spirit is determined by one principle alone: the losing of self totally.

I have been a Nazirite unto God from my mother’s womb; if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man. Judges 16.17

Samson was a man who was full of power. The source of his power was in his hair. And as soon as his hair was shaved, Samson’s power was lost. What was there about his hair to make him powerful? This hair of Samson’s, we must remember, was the hair of a Nazirite. And a Nazirite in Bible times was one who was fully consecrated to God. And hence all real spiritual powers derived from the measure of one’s consecration to the Lord. If our consecration is superficial, we shall be like a paralyzed person who has no power. But if our consecration to God is absolute, we will find the power. Therefore, no matter how and where we seek, we must be mindful continually that power is conditional upon man’s consecration.

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves. 2 Corinthians 4.7

Do not think that there is very little in the earthen vessel, which metaphor Paul uses to refer to our physical body. We learn from Paul’s second letter to the Corinthian believers that there is a tremendous treasure in our earthen vessels. But do we actually believe it? God’s children ought to know what they have obtained at the moment of new birth. It may have taken only a minute to have received the Lord and been born again but it will need thirty or forty years beyond that moment to discover what each received in that one precious moment. No child of God can fully know on earth the extent of what God has given him at the moment of regeneration. Nevertheless, blessed are those who know somewhat more.
    by Published on 03-21-2011 03:59 PM     Number of Views: 2984 
    1. Categories:
    2. Regeneration

Warren Buffet and Bill Gates
    Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are going to Hell. Was it worth it?

Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are going to Hell. They will never give their lives to Christ. They are too set in their ways.

What is it worth to be such wonderfully good people so loving to their family and others, give away so much money, yet still reject Jesus for their salvation?

Is it worthy it?

Is it worth it for Warren to give a personal compliment (as taught in his favorite books - How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie or Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill) to gain productivity out of someone or take advantage of them by causing them to sell to Warren at a lower price or buy from him at a higher price while secretly rejecting Lord Jesus Christ? Would the Apostles conduct themselves that way? Is that how Jesus would behave? "He who despises the word [of God] will die" in his sins (Prov. 19.16).

Is it worth it to influence people to be like you yet not say a word about Jesus who died on the cross for the sins of the whole world? To more is given, greater is his responsibility. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have squandered their family and financial blessings because they are at the end of the day antichrists.

How many have they turned away from Jesus with their approach to life? The children of the Gates and Buffet family should be ashamed of their dad.

How much money have they given to non-Christians over Christians because of their disdain for Jesus being God?

I think Warren and Bill Gates cumulatively have done more damage than any two individuals in history because of their influence. They don't give their lives to Christ and don't mention Jesus to save sinners because it hurts their pocket book too much.

I was trying to decide if I should provide the common verses about how it is harder for a rich man to get into heaven who gives his money away after he dies than it is for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, but then I thought, I am not to give what is holy unto dogs, so I am not going to provide any Scriptures here. I certainly won't mention anything about Jesus having said, If you are unwilling to confess Him before others, He will certainly deny you before His Father in heaven. And if you are not for Jesus, that is, who He really is, you are certainly siding with Satan against Him.

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have chosen to be eternally separated from God so however good they may appear to be on television or in jesting with one another, even in their personal lives, don't buy it because the greatest sin of all is in rejecting God the Father's only begotten Son who Himself is God the Son in the Godhead who created all things and rose the third day as only God could do.

Though I am sure others have said this, I haven't read anywhere anyone pointing out these obvious facts, so I thought I should just plainly state it here. Hopefully, more people will point this out for the betterment of mankind.

Amen.

Troy

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast