• It's Not Too Late for you Doug

Revelation doesn't contradict itself with the final word of God (66 books of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation). Shutting your mind down is not a sign of repentance. There are consequences: "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book" (Rev. 22.18,19).

Those who had believed on Christ "shall never perish" (John 10.28), but Mormons/LDS say they can perish.

"All things were made by him [Jesus]; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1.3), but Mormons/LDS say Jesus didn't create everything.

The Triune God "who alone" (1 Tim. 6.16) is "from everlasting" (Neh. 9.5), but Mormons/LDS say He is not.

Joseph Smith was a great liar like the father of lies. His purpose was to take as many people to Hell with him as as he could, "until you...are able to dwell in everlasting burnings" (LDS President Joseph Smith, History of the Church, Vol.6, Ch.14, p.305-6, LDS Collectors Library '97 CD-ROM).

Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Isaiah 43.10).

Seems pretty clear to me God never had a God father and we will not become gods.

Therefore, Mormonism is a lie. Accept it. Take your medicine, leave the cult and give your life to the true Jesus who created all things. Otherwise, you will spend eternity in Hell Doug.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Lying, Deceptive, Selfish (LDS) Mormon Doug Yancey started by Churchwork View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      Churchwork -
      From a plain reading of the Scriptures, this is how Mormons/LDS eternally separate themselves from God:

1) Where in Church history in a creed have Christians agreed with your polytheism or henotheism and renounced the monotheism of ancient Israel and the Church? Aren't you being like Satan who said, "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High" (Is. 14.14) when you claim you always existed or will be a God? Don't Mormons/LDS say there were gods before God and after God? But the Bible says, "Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Isaiah 43.10).

2) Those who believed in Christ "shall never perish" (John 10.28); but Mormons/LDS say some do perish.

3) "All things were made by him [Jesus]; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1.3). But Mormons/LDS say Jesus didn't create everything.

4) Mormons/LDS don't believe in God of the Bible "who alone" (1 Tim. 6.16) was "from everlasting" (Neh. 9.5).

5) We are "justified by faith in Christ, and not by works: for by works shall no flesh be justified" (Gal. 2.16). But Mormons believe they are justified by works for initial salvation or in the strength of their own power, not God's power, to keep themselves in their false salvation. Man doesn't even have the ability to keep on believing, so to be saved you will have to give your life to and receive the God who keeps and not one who gives you a selfish "out-clause."

6) Not once in the NT do we find Jesus called the Father, yet the book of Mormon says Jesus is the Father.