• The Way to Seek Healing

The Way to Seek Healing

How should men seek healing before God? Three sentences in the Gospel of Mark are worth learning. I find them especially helpful, at least they are very effective for me. The first touches upon the power of the Lord; the second, the will of the Lord; and the third, the act of the Lord.

a) The Power of the Lord: “God can.” “And Jesus asked his father, “How long has he had this?’ And he said, “From childhood. And it has often cast him into the fire and into the water, to destroy him; but if you can do anything, have pity on us and help us.’ And Jesus said to him, ‘If you can! All things are possible to him who believes”‘ (9. 21-23). The Lord Jesus merely repeated the three words which the child’s father had uttered. The father cried, “If you can, help us.” The Lord responded, “If you cant Why, all things are possible to him who believes.” The problem here is not “if you can” but rather “if you believe.”

Is it not true that the first problem which arises with sickness is a doubt about God’s power? Under a microscope the power of bacteria seems to be greater than the power of God. Very rarely does the Lord cut off others in the middle of their speaking, but here he appears as though He were angry. (May the Lord forgive me for phrasing it this way!) When He heard the child’s father say “If you can, have pity on us and help us,” He sharply reacted with “Why say if you can? All things are possible to him who believes. In sickness, the question is not whether I can or cannot but whether you believe or not.”

The initial step for a child of God to take in sickness therefore is to raise up his head and say “Lord, you cant” You remember, do you not, the first instance of the Lord’s healing of a paralytic? He asked the Pharisees, “Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, “Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, “Rise, take up your pallet and walk’?” (Mark 2.9) The Pharisees naturally thought it easier to say your sins are forgiven, for who could actually prove it is or is not so? But the Lord’s words and their results showed them that He could heal sickness as well as forgive sins. He did not ask which was more difficult, but which was easier. For Him, both were equally easy. It was as easy for the Lord to bid the paralytic rise and walk as to forgive the latter’s sins. For the Pharisees, both were as difficult.

b) The Will of the Lord: “God will.” Yes, He indeed can, but how do I know if He wills? I do not know His will; perhaps He does not want to heal me. This is another story in Mark again. “And a leper came to him beseeching him, and kneeling said to him, “If you will, you can make me clean. Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, “I will; be clean’ “ (1.40-41).

However great the power of God is, if He has no wish to heal, His power shall not help me. The problem to be solved at the outset is: Can God?; the second is: Will God? There is no sickness as unclean as leprosy. It is so unclean that according to law whoever touches a leper becomes himself unclean. Yet the Lord Jesus touched the leper and said to him, “I will.” If He would heal the leper, how much more wills He to cure our diseases. We can proclaim boldly, “God can” and “God will.”

c) The Act of the Lord: “God has.” One more thing must God do. “Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou taken up and cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that what he saith cometh to pass; he shall have it. Therefore I say unto you, all things whatsoever ye pray and ask for, believe that ye receive (Gr. received) them, and ye shall have them” (11. 23-24 ASV). What is faith? Faith believes God can, God will, and God has done it. If you believe you have received it, you shall have it. Should God give you His word, you can thank Him by saying, “God has healed me; He has already done; it!” Many believers merely expect to be healed. Expectation regards things in the future, but faith deals with the past. If we really believe, we shall not wait for twenty or a hundred years, but shall rise up immediately and say, “Thank God He has healed me. Thank God, I have received it. Thank God, I am clean! Thank God, I am well.” A perfect faith can there fore proclaim God can, God will and God has done it.

Faith works with “is” and not “wish.” Allow me to use a simple illustration. Suppose you preach the gospel and one professes that he has believed. Ask him whether he is saved and should his answer be, I wish to be saved, then you know this reply is inadequate. Should he say, I will be saved, the answer is still incorrect. Even if he responds with, I think I shall definitely be saved, something is yet missing. But when he answers, I am saved, you know the flavor is right. If one believes, then he is saved. All faith deals with the past. To say I believe I shall be healed is not true faith. If he believes, he will thank God and say, I have received healing.

Lay hold of these three steps: God can, God will, God has. When man’s faith touches the third stage, the sickness is over.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: The Way to Seek Healing started by spiritualman View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      servant77 -
      re "How should men seek healing before God"
      I liked what W.Nee said - if you're sick, don't ask to be healed so fast, ask rather of God what His Plan is, what is His Purpose for this ailment(s) ?
      Much like His prayer with the P.M. of Britain and other leaders during WWII - not "God help us win" but rather "God, let Thy Purpose be Established"...

As some already know, we live in a world of deception..... as it is written " ('witchcraft and sorcery') will deceive the whole world "..... ((and, btw, ('It') already has, everywhere - gobberment, Chruches, Skoolsl... pasoters , duckters ((sic/ misspelt for legal reasons)) ))

However , if you'd rather, I'll come back and 'edit' this post so the english spelling and grammar is correct. I know sometimes that is helpful, and I don't know this site well enough....

To get to the point. Antoine Bechamp and Carey Reams and Max Gerson, MD, and Linus Pauling ((Nobel Prize winner for first disclosing the prevention and the cure of h***T D*xease ((sic, again)) ..... 'NATURALLY' i.e. "a curse causeless does not come" ((I think someone said this earlier)).....

Well, I don't know if this is the right thread or forum for this information - all true, all proven, and nothing contrary to God's Word - 'health' like the Hebrews ((or Israelites ? )) had when they obeyed Yahweh . "Health" like God's people have today when they listen to Him and do as He says. ((very rare as you all already know (I expect) )).

That's all for now. This is more an inquiry to see if this 'healthy' information is even wanted, not necessarily accepted, per se, as all things must be tested first - ((it took me over a decade under medical and drugmakers training to learn the truth ((physically, not spiritually, and not contrary to the spiritual, but rather subject to the spiritual; always subject to God in Christ Jesus)) ))
      Basically, simply, like the benefits of eating right and taking vitamins and drinking distilled water or filtered at least instead of polluted water ((in the news a lot the last couple decades about countries without safe water to drink ... )) ..

God Willing, I'll be able to check back today/ and in the next few weeks ((or longer?)) to see if or how this is received - "for testing" step by step - always in line with all of God's Word ((I LOVED reading W.Nee because of that - could not find any fault in his books other than only like 3 long forgotten that may well have been because of the translation from chinese and not the original message - every message of his lessons was pure Gospel as far as I could tell)) ....
      shalom,
      jeff