• Why Do I Believe God Exists and Jesus is God?

When I observe nature I see causation always, no hard evidence to the contrary, and that which does not exist can't cause anything because it doesn't exist, so something can't come from nothing.

The only possibility then is there is an infinite regress of cause and effects naturally, but then I ask myself, that doesn't make sense because if that were true, we would have happened already having had an eternity to do so. And we would never exist because a past eternity would still be going on for eternity never reaching this point. So infinite regress is impossible and self-contradictory. That which is self-contradictory and impossible is false.

So since nature can't come from nothing, nor always have existed in infinite regress, logically speaking the only possibility is nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, which would be uncreated, our uncreated Creator.

The question then is not whether atheism is true, but who the uncreated Creator is?

I take the position the Creator is accessible because that is loving, and the only 3 accessible faiths are Christianity, Islam and Hinduism. The rest are quite minuscule. I know Islam is false because you can't come along six centuries later without any evidence and claim Jesus didn't die on the cross.

And I know Hinduism is false because its God Brahma is amoral, but how can the Creator have a morality below our own? Furthermore, I don't find coming back as a chicken if I am overly sinful adequately deals with my sin nature in this life. We really only need this one life to decide if we want to be with God for eternity (forgiven) or to be eternally separated from Him in Hell.

Free will is not truly free if we don't have this free choice. And a chicken doesn't have sufficient self-consciousness and God-consciousness to have the opportunity to be turned back into a human again so that's just silly. A chicken brain doesn't have the capacity to hold a human brain.

So that proves Christianity is correct and Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. He created us, and nothing that exists exists without Him having created it. There is no way to the Father but through the Son, and there is no other name under heaven by which one can be saved.

Unless you confess Jesus as your Lord and Savior, He will deny you before the Father. Unless you accept Jesus who He truly is, who died on the cross for the sins of the whole world to save whosoever is willing (John 3.16) and resurrected the 3rd day, you won't be saved.

The proof of the resurrection is icing on the cake, because nobody is able to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the origin of the disciples' beliefs in their eyewitness testimony to having seen Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings and setting up the first churches on their eyewitness testimony. We know group hallucinations are impossible and people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie when they could have saved their lives by telling the truth. And Jesus wouldn't have looked much like the risen Messiah if He somehow survived the cross all beat up, scourged down to the bone, nails in his hands and feet, thorns in his head and deprived of any sustenance for three days.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Why Do I Believe God Exists and Jesus is God? started by Mark View original post