• The 6 Major Sins of Calvinism

The 6 Major Sins of Calvinism

(1) You're unwilling to let go of control over self to place your trust in the sovereign Lord since you refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. To maintain hold over self, you cling to an idol called Total depravity which says you can't repent and believe in Him so you don't. To rationalize your selfish stance, you accept the evil spirit's imputation to pridefully assume you were irresistibly selected. Thus, you never genuinely come to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior to be saved.

(2) You worship a cruel and sadistic god who sends people to Hell for being born into sin that was not their fault and blames them for not responding when he made them that way apparently. Your god is evil, incompetent and impotent to be able to provide sufficient grace to all to have the free choice.

(3) You worship a tyrant that irresistibly imposes regeneration on people which is not much of a gift since it can neither be accepted nor refused. There is no opportunity for salvation in Calvinism just the evil dictates of a non-sovereign god. How impersonal and quite unlike the relational God of the Bible who says, "ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart" (Jer. 29.13).

(4) As you are doubleminded so is your god who contradicts himself with his two wills, declaring openly he wants all to be saved, but secretly he doesn't. If something is a secret then by definition Calvinists can't make any claim about it or even if it exists so they are just pretentiously asserting themselves with their doublespeak. The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8).

(5) It's wrong to give people false hope that they can be saved when your god prods them on yet makes them unable to respond. There is no way around this abusive behavior, duplicity and charade.

(6) If there were two people drowning would it be right to let one drown and save the other? If you could save both but didn't in our society you would be guilty and go to prison for negligent homicide. But this is the way the Calvinist god operates. The Calvinist claims he can save both, but is perfectly just in not doing so. When I get in a pickle, I hope I am not standing next to a Calvinist. The question is, how can God's morals be below our own? How can the Creator have a morality that so against our own sense of right and wrong?

Cain and Abel
    Did Cain and Abel have the free choice to give God a proper offering? Were they totally depraved? Was Cain preteritioned? Was Abel irresistibly made to give a lamb as an offering? God provided them with sufficient grace to have the free choice. Grace that is not sufficient for all is deficient. The Calvinist's lust for an explanation why Abel gave a proper offering goes unanswered. Instead of having the humility to accept he currently doesn't understand and be comfortable with that, he inserts into the text that which is not explicitly stated in order to make it agree with his committed position to try to comfort his soul. But it is not lasting because self cannot help but be puffed up, begetting more self, with the prideful assumption of being irresistibly selected.

What is the proper response to a Calvinist when he asks, why did Abel choose God and Cain didn't? Simply say to him that they were both made in God's image, born into sin, and by the grace of God sufficient for all gave us the free choice so it was their choice. What caused their choice? They did it. It was their choice afforded to them by God just as God has free choice, ability or free will whichever term you prefer. God made us in His image with this attribute He has. The god of Calvinism can't do that so you know the god of Calvinism is not just impotent and lesser but some evil spirit, possibly even Satan himself.

Conclusion
    The Calvinist's main issue is he can't fathom how God can have infinite foreknowledge and reconcile that with free will. Well, I don't know how God gives me self-consciousness and God-consciousness either, but I know He does it, since He says so in His word. They are not trusting in God's word. It is even verified in our own experience what scholars call "proper basic beliefs" that are self-evident and common to us all. Because Calvinists can't understand how God does this, they assert God causes everything so nobody has the free choice to do anything (a facade), leaving the human race without any moral imperative. A person's conscience has nowhere to go but down from there. Shouldn't a true and lasting faith strengthen man's conscience?

Next time you come across someone who pleads with you and implores you to do something which you obviously cannot do, have not been supplied with the ability to do so and not given a choice in the matter (prevenient grace), just think of that person like the evil god of Calvinism who is being unloving and twisted.