View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Resurrection

Resurrection

Let us recognize that the purpose of God in creating Adam is not simply in His having made him a living soul by having breathed into a piece of fashioned clay. No, this is very inadequate. Man does not yet have the life of God. He has the created life all right, but he does not possess the uncreated life. He is bound by time and space. He is created to a certain point, but falls short of arriving at God’s full design. For this reason, since the time of Adam, God has been working towards obtaining a man in full accordance with His plan. We notice that throughout the entire Old Testament period—ever since the time of Genesis 3 in fact—God had worked incessantly in the lives of Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joshua, Samuel, David, and others for the sake of accomplishing what He had originally designed. We also perceive how God had actually apprehended those men and was able to finish His work in them. So far as God’s purpose in these men is concerned, we may say that they were apprehended by God. But so far as the man whom God designed to obtain in His eternal plan, none of them was sufficient. All these men reached a certain point but then stopped short of the goal.

But then came the New Testament era. The Son of God came to be a man: the Word became flesh. And this is the man whom God had always longed to have. The man whom He had planned to complete is now found. This man is none other than Christ Jesus. Let us always remember that Christ is the man whom God had continually expected through those many years. Christ is the complete man—God’s representative man and the typical man.

Nevertheless, while the Lord Jesus Christ was on earth there was restriction to His manhood. Though He was very different from the rest of the people on earth in that He had the divine nature and was acomplete man, yet so far as the matter of power was concerned Christ suffered the limitation of a man in that He was restricted by time and space. When the four men brought a man sick of the palsy to see the Lord Jesus, they had to uncover the roof where He was in order to reach His presence (Mark 2.3,4). When the woman who had an issue of blood wished to touch Him, she had to press through the throng before she could do so (Mark 5.25-31). On the other hand, our Lord commended a Roman centurion on his great faith because he answered, “I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof; but only say the word, and my ...
  2. John 8.24 Who is 'He'? Jesus asks, Who do You Say that I Am?

by , 06-05-2014 at 12:27 AM (Faithful Follower of Jesus)
    "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (John 8.24).

To die in your sins is to remain unforgiven and go to Hell. Who is He? Lets come back to that question in a bit.

"Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also" (1 John 2.23).

To not have the Father by denying the Son of God such a person will go to Hell.

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6.40).

Those who don't believe the Son do not receive everlasting life but everlasting judgment or perdition in Hell to be eternally separated from God. Believing in a false Christ is not the Son of God so God would not save such a person.

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him" (John 3.36).

The wrath of God is on those who don't receive the Son who He truly is.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14.6).

Who is Jesus?

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4.12).

If Jesus is only a man or only an angel, how can He be the only way?

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6.23).

How can merely a created being give eternal life? A created being was not eternally existing so how can that which is not eternal give eternality? This is where the Trinity comes in. The Trinity teaches not just the Father but the Son also are eternal and have the power to give eternal life.

Back to John 8.24. So who is He that we need to believe in to be saved?

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Is. 43.10).

Jesus is saying "I am He" (John 8.24). Yahweh God says, "I am ...
  3. Only Christianity Makes Sense

by , 01-30-2014 at 09:34 AM (Faithful Follower of Jesus)
    You do not need to know everything, be all-knowing, as God would be, to know if God exists as that would be self-contradictory, for obviously you are not God, never will be, and surely God has enough grace to reveal Himself instead of being a deistic absentee landlord. Sorry Antony Flew, you are going to Hell.

There are two ways atheists try to deny the existence of the uncreated Creator. One, they say the universe was created from nothing, but we have no hard evidence of that. We only have evidence in nature of something from something. Therefore, according to this evidence, the universe can't start up from non-existence. Really, that which does not exist can't cause anything. A billion pound gorilla can't cause anything. Why? Because it doesn't exist.

Second, atheists try to disprove God is by claiming the universe always existed in an infinite regress of cause and effects. But, of course, that is fallacious too, because if there was an eternity of the past of cause and effects in nature, by that very definition, you would have had an eternity to come into being before now, so you should have already happened, having had an eternity to do so. Surely an eternity is enough time. Do you need more time than an eternity? It gets even worse for the atheist, because by proposing an infinite regress of cause and effects in nature, contrawise, you should never have existed because a past eternity, by that very definition, would continue on for eternity, never reaching this point. A past eternity of cause and effects is a man-made delusional construct that goes completely against the above evidence. And of course, there is nothing to support infinite regress. So why even go down that rabbit hole of nonsense? It might make a good sci-fi movie but that's all.

By this evidence, since nature can't start up from nothing, nor always have existed, we know that nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This uncreated Creator is whom we call God. Now that you know God exists, find out where He reveals Himself. God can't have morals below our own, for the greater can never be lesser than the created. Therefore, since we are personal and accessible so God is too.

Only in Christianity does God personally enter His creation and make Himself accessible as the most widely accessible faith on the planet by His good graces. Since nobody can find a naturalistic explanation to account for