View RSS Feed

Bible Study This...

Discuss verses and passages in the Bible.

1. Talking Too Much

Talking Too Much

Proverbs 10:19
    When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.

Proverbs 17:28
    Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

James 1:19
    Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;

Proverbs 18:2
    A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Proverbs 29:20
    Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Proverbs 21:23
    Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.

Psalm 141:3
    Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!

Ecclesiastes 9:17
    The words of the wise heard in quiet are better than the shouting of a ruler among fools.

Ecclesiastes 5:2
    Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few.

Ecclesiastes 5:7
    For when dreams increase and words grow many, there is vanity; but God is the one you must fear.

Proverbs 13:3
    Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

James 3:6
    And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell.

Proverbs 14:23
    In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty.

Matthew 12:36
    I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

Proverbs 15:1-33
    A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly. The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good. A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. A fool despises his father's instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is prudent. ...

Proverbs 18:21
    Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.

Proverbs 30:32
    If you have been foolish, exalting ...