Blog Comments

Some take Jer. 51.39,57 to teach annihilationism (that there is no resurrection). "When they are heated, I will make their feast, and I will make them drunken, that they may rejoice, and sleep a perpetual sleep, and not wake, saith Jehovah.... And I will make drunk her princes and her wise men, her governors and her deputies, and her mighty men; and they shall sleep a perpetual sleep, and not wake, saith the King, whose name is Jehovah of hosts" (Jer. 51.39,57). However, permanent sleep is just a metaphor or euphemism for physical death as in Ps. 76: "Our boldest enemies have been plundered. They lie before us in the sleep of death. No warrior could lift a hand against us" (v.5). This verse does not teach about what happens after death; that is taught in passages such as Is. 66.24: "And they shall go forth, and look upon the dead bodies of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." The worm can never die because what they feed on never dies. "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Heb. 9.27). If we are appointed once to die, we can never die again after judgment. Judgment comes to those who are alive.
    Do you think Dan thinks of himself as a carnival barker? He seems to act like one in his public debates. Put him next to Lawrence Krauss and you have a carnival barker and a clown. Krauss looks and acts like a clown, while Dan acts like a carnival barker.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoReba
    What Spiritual fruit has the Nation of Israel produced today after it came back to life in 1948?
    What requirement in the Bible is there for Israel to produce spiritual fruit when she becomes a nation again or anytime thereafter, for Scripture is clear the nation of Israel rejects the Lord up and to His return. Did you not know that?

A remnant of Israel will seek the Lord upon His return and they will be protected in the wilderness for 42 months. The Antichrist will not be able to kill them so their faith in the Lord is their spiritual fruit when He returns.

Israel will build the 3rd Temple during the Tribulation, completed with 2300 days left before day Jesus steps down. Even though they institute animal sacrifices, the building of the Temple itself as prophesied can itself be considered spiritual fruit.
    What Spiritual fruit has the Nation of Israel produced today after it came back to life in 1948?
    Pretty basic.
    Ya that wouldn't make much sense if a person was not resurrected but they are floating around somewhere without a body. Clearly they are asleep awaiting to be resurrect together at the appointed time.