View RSS Feed

Separate Rapture

The first rapture is according to readiness (Matt. 24.40-42, Luke 21.36, Rev. 3.10).

1. Why does the Tribulation period have to start the same day as the First Rapture?

Quote Originally Posted by DeLane
    Hello,

I've been convinced by your site and others that the Rapture will indeed fall on the Feast of Trumpets. I've been studying the return of the Lord for over 20 years, and am excited to know that it is severely soon! I just have a question that perhaps you can clear up.

Why does the tribulation period have to start on the same day as the rapture? The tribulation kicks off with the confirming of a covenant (Dan. 9:27), but with all the chaos of the rapture and what it would bring to the world with millions suddenly disappearing, it seems unlikely that the world will be concerned with a treaty on that day. The fact that the anti-christ is able to confirm one at all lends to his unbelievable power during that time. I just think the rapture could happen and it be some time, perhaps even the 1 year anniversary on the next feast of trumpets for the anti-christ to make his move. This might put the rapture in 2013 or 2014. Then 2015 could still fit, and this truly would fulfill Jesus' words in Mat. 24 that no one knew the day or the hour, because it was not specifically on the day the tribulation starts.

I would be interested to hear your opinion on this, please just explain why tribulation Must start same day as rapture.

Thank you so much for your dedication, I look forward to hearing more. I preach anywhere I'm invited of the soon coming of Jesus, your website has helped tremendously.
    Some reasons why the first rapture is not a year or two before the Tribulation starts:

1) Rev. 7.9 are the overcomers (not all Christians) "before throne" in 3rd heaven by being first raptured before the Tribulation starts. Then "when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour" (8.1) not a year or two. The Tribulation is "7 trumpets" (v.2). Then the "first angel sounded" (v.7) for the 1st trumpet. Only those Christians who were watchful (Matt. 24.42), prayerful (Luke 21.36) and keep the word of His patience (Rev. 3.10) will escape the hour of trial that is to come upon the whole world by being raptured beforehand.

2) Sept. 14, 2015 Feast of Trumpets is that day during the Total Lunar Tetrad. It can't be Sept. 5, 2013 because the Tetrad has not started yet by then.

3) Sept. 25, 2014 is not feasible because there are seven sets of seven (17,640 days) from June 7, 1967 to the Day of
  2. Does the Bible Give Us Any Clue as to When Jesus Returns?

Does the Bible give us any clue as to when Jesus returns?

Jesus said, "You hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of earth and sky; but why do you not know how to interpret the present time?" (
    Luke 12.56)

"Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh" (
    Matt. 24.32).

The word “now” marks the beginning of the second part. Since the Lord gives this part of His prophecy on the Mount of Olives—a place where there are many fig trees—He quite naturally could use the fig tree as an illustration.

“When her branch is now become tender”—This speaks of the return of life. “And putteth forth its leaves”—This means the manifestation of life.

The fig tree represents the Jews (
    Jer. 24.2,5,8). Earlier the Lord had cursed the fig tree which possessed only leaves but had no fruit. In reality the curse was upon the Jews who possessed the outward rituals but had no reality.

"And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away" (
    Matt. 21.19).

"And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet" (
    Mark 11.13).

“Summer” (
    Matt. 24.32) is the season of growth as winter is the season of withering and death. In the summer, life shows its greatest vigor, the air is warm, and the days are bright. It is a golden season, and therefore it stands for the kingdom.

The Jews today are in the winter time. Winter points to tribulation, particularly the Great Tribulation. Spring speaks of rapture (see S.S. 2.10-14); summer speaks of the kingdom (see
    Luke 21.30-31). In Luke 21.29-30 we have the words “and all the trees”—which phrase represents the nations (see Daniel 4.10-17 and Judges 9.8-15). When “all the trees ... now shoot forth” (Luke 21.29-30), this is a signifying that nationalism will have been greatly developed among many peoples and nations.

Let us understand that the preceding verses in
    Matt. 24.4-31 form a part and are not a break with what follows; and hence the thoughts in the earlier part are continuous into the next. The major difference between