PDA

View Full Version : The Deepest by Far

Churchwork
11-10-2005, 01:55 AM
There is something different between all of Nee's writings and The Spiritual Man by Nee, which was the first book he published of two, and the only book of size. All writings speak on varying degrees of the depth in the inner- to the outerman. It just so happens that The Spiritual Man, is the deepest by far.

While the rest of Nee's writings are most helpful and profitable, they are not the same as The Spiritual Man. The Spiritual Man directly feeds like a line directly to the spirit in perfected Biblical psychology. You can not improve upon that which has been perfected in expression.

The rest of Nee's writings build on that first foundation and deepest truth in the Word of the need to divide our spirit, soul and body.

This has been my experience in my life. When I am in the spirit, the dividing is occuring and there is a distinct quiteness and stillness towards listening and sensing God's Holy Spirit in my spirit. When I am not, I am not deeply walking as I know God wants me to be.

What is the solution to this quandry? For me it has been to read Nee's The Spiritual Man, for the reaction that is reached comes from the accuracy to the Word on Heb. 4.12.

"For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Heb. 4.12).

"And the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body [I]be preserved entire, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thess. 5.23).

No one in the history of the human race has written a better compilation of the dividing of our spirit, soul and body in the 700 or so pages than is found in The Spiritual Man (http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/SMCFP.htm). I tell you the truth, this is the truth. If there was another more accurate, someone would have revealed it by now. Praise the Lord for God's Word as is found in the 66 books of the Bible.

Time and again, as I read various works, when I come back to read The Spiritual Man, there is something very deep happening there that takes me even further yet again. It compares to nothing else for it is the Holy Spirit's accuracy working through Nee in the deepest writing I will ever read for the rest of my life to the the very depth of God's Word.

Amen.