PDA

View Full Version : What's God Up To?

Churchwork
05-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey [Your Name Goes Here]! Have you been saved yet? All sin needs to be judge, and all sin leads to death, and the second death (hell), but through God’s love and mercy, He broken into creation through the Son of God, and died for you so that all sin may be judged in Him, so that if you come to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you will be saved and receive a new spirit and a new life, eternal life. Then the Holy Spirit can enter into your spirit where you can commune with Him for the first time in your life. Remember, I was unsaved once also before being born-again, so I know what you are going through. Is this really so unreasonable? Our plans and ideas are so short-sighted, but God has been working for over 13.7 billion years for this day to occur where you may enter into the new creation through new birth. Wow!

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God" (John 20.28) (http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Jhn/Jhn020.html#28). "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev. 22.13 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Rev/Rev022.html#13)). "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1.1 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Jhn/Jhn001.html#top)). "The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not" (John 1.2-5). "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1.14 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Jhn/Jhn001.html#14)). "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand" (John 10.28). "As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him" (John 17.2).

“As regards to the Godhead, the Son and the Father are co-equal; but His being the Lord is rewarded Him by God. The Lord Jesus Christ was made Lord only after He emptied Himself. His deity derives from who He is, for His being God is His inherent nature. His being Lord, though, issues out of what He has done. He was exalted and rewarded by God to be the Lord only after He forsook His glory and maintained the perfect role of obedience. As regards Himself, He is God; as regards reward, He is Lord. His Lordship did not exist originally in the Godhead.
The passage in Philippians 2 is most difficult to explain, for it is most controversial besides being most holy. Let's remove our shoes and stand on holy ground as we review the Scripture. It seems as though at the beginning a council was held within the Godhead. God conceived a plan to create the universe. In that plan the Godhead agreed to have authority represented by the Father. But authority cannot exist alone. God must therefore find obedience in the universe. Two living beings were to be created: angels (spirits) and men (living souls). According to His foreknowledge God foresaw the rebellion of the angels and the fall of men; hence He was unable to establish His authority in angels or in the Adamic race. Consequently, within the Godhead perfect accord was reached that authority would be reached by the obedience of the Son. From this come the distinctive operations of God the Father and God the Son. One day God the Son emptied himself, and being born in the likeness of men. He became the symbol of obedience. Inasmuch as rebellion came from the created beings, so obedience must now be established in the created being. Man sinned and rebelled; therefore the authority of God must be erected on man’s obedience. This explains why the Lord came to the world and was made as one of the created men”.

Phl 2:5
Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Phl 2:6
who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Phl 2:7
but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;
Phl 2:8
and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient [even] unto death, yea, the death of the cross.
Phl 2:9
Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name;
Phl 2:10
that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven and [things] on earth and [things] under the earth,
Phl 2:11
and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.