PDA

View Full Version : Charging for Christian Materials

Churchwork
05-16-2006, 03:11 PM
My belief that being in Christ is free, so should all things in Christ be free!

I do not approve of all the websites out there charging you for their Christian products. It is big business and does not reflect the free-gift of salvation.

They will be judged.

Yes, lots of good information is available in what they are providing, but it becomes priveleged knowledge that the poor will never have access to.

Is this right? No! That's why I decided my pages (and the Meeting Place Finder for the Body of Christ) will never charge for anything. In other words, we should all work within our means and not go beyond those means to charge which only an upperclass of Christians could afford.

Remember, there is no money in the millennium. Any Christian who does what these Christian gurus does will not receive the reward of reigning with Christ in the millennial kingdom. Though they may be saved, they will lose rewards.

Praise the Lord for God's righteous dealings! That's the discipline!

Valgaav
05-17-2006, 09:21 PM
I like your philosophy, but that'll kill a lot of website businesses, as well as the bible section of bookstores like Barnes & Noble. Not to mention that if Christian theology materials are free, then people will start demanding that various other theological materials will be free, which will ruin business for the entire theology section of the bookstore, leading to them no longer selling bibles, as they cost money to produce, and there will be no payment for them.

It's a decent idea, but that's simply not how the world works.

Churchwork
05-17-2006, 11:39 PM
I have a B.Comm. so obviously I know this already. People can demand all they want. That doesn't change a thing. Nonetheless the work of Apostles do not draw a salary because our work is that of being directly commissioned by God to appoint Elders of a locality. Apostles have a higher standard. This way we can't be blamed for the mammon of unrighteousness. And large Christendom organizations like Billy Graham with multi-million dollar homes in every major city is a bit much. You see Apostles take a leading position of God's will on earth and not just Apostles but all Christians. All Christians take the high road above all product sellers, especially over other theological materials of unfaithful beliefs. In the millennial kingdom, there is no money. This is the training ground now to get ready for life without money. But first you need to get saved to appreciate this. You don't have a conscience to appreciate this fact if you are not yet born-again. Only when your spirit is quickened by the Holy Spirit will you enter into the new creation to be able to appreciate God's will and revelation in agreement with the Word. Right now you are just operating independently which you know where that leads to.

You're in the status quo with the god of this world who is Satan as you admit in you do not accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, answering "No" to all 19 questions. Based on your other post which you admittedly said you were being belligerent, you have been removed for violating the #3 and #9 of the Board Etiquette (http://biblocality.com/forums/rules.php#rules). I understand your desire to keep talking while being abusive, but Christians will not feed your fleshly desires.