PDA

View Full Version : The essence of calvinism and the solution

Churchwork
04-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Aside from lack of specifics and inordinate vagaries, what is the problem with "total depravity," which brings about 5 false teachings in calvinism?

It demands that the person NOT or NO LONGER be fully made in God's image to be able to come to the cross. Thus, it requires that God must pick certain people irrespective of the eternal gift of being made image of God to be allowed to choose the cross (even though fallen, e.g. Abel), to be drawn and called. Consequently pride wells up in the calvinte to think he is subconsciously or consciously premade that way to be preprogrammed, predesigned, or prefabricated to be given faith and not others. Obviously, this is heinous.

Therefore, what is God's way, since the aforementioned is vile and could never give glory to God?

God died for the sins of the whole world (unlimited atonement) so that anyone (free-choice) made in His image (we are all made in His image) could be saved (resistible grace) by coming to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive His saving grace (conditional election) for eternal preservation. He predestinates (through unlimited atonement) by foreknowing our free-choice (conditional election) so as to walk with those out of His image that choose the cross (resistible grace) by being drawn and called for eternal preservation, not by premaking the person to choose?

His
05-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Aside from lack of specifics and inordinate vagaries, what is the problem with "total depravity," which brings about 5 false teachings in calvinism?

It demands that the person NOT or NO LONGER be fully made in God's image to be able to come to the cross. Thus, it requires that God must pick certain people irrespective of the eternal gift of being made image of God to be allowed to choose the cross (even though fallen, e.g. Abel), to be drawn and called. Consequently pride wells up in the calvinte to think he is subconsciously or consciously premade that way to be preprogrammed, predesigned, or prefabricated to be given faith and not others. Obviously, this is heinous.

Therefore, what is God's way, since the aforementioned is vile and could never give glory to God?

God died for the sins of the whole world (unlimited atonement) so that anyone (free-choice) made in His image (we are all made in His image) could be saved (resistible grace) by coming to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive His saving grace (conditional election) for eternal preservation. He predestinates (through unlimited atonement) by foreknowing our free-choice (conditional election) so as to walk with those out of His image that choose the cross (resistible grace) by being drawn and called for eternal preservation, not by premaking the person to choose?
Actually the above post posits a completely biased and twisted view of reformed doctrine. The poster shows a lack of understanding of biblical theology and makes no room for constructive argumentation or dialogue.
Which is a great pity because the reformed perspective can be shown to be true to biblical teaching and I am confident that I can show this.
Troy........You say that the calvinist suffers from pride. That statement alone proves that you have no understanding of the reformed position which teaches me that my salvation is of the Lord and not of me. Im fully aware of the heinous nature of my vile and depraved human nature which cannot seek God unless He first enables me. The truth of scripture teaches me that there is nothing in me that would draw the love of God. He sought me out;not the other way round! Contrary to what you say of pride I find myself in the dust and at the foot of the cross gazing at the blood strewn face and blood soaked body that hung in my place. That fact alone gives me no room for pride when i contemplate that the Lord of creation humbled himself to die on a cross for me two thousand years before i was born.

Please remove my name from you database and block my email address. This website is an afront to the gospel of grace

Churchwork
05-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Aside the mere self-declarations (http://biblocality.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2101#post2101) that need not be addressed, I always try to focus the calvinist back upon the point they keep avoiding whence the enabling occurs: God made us in His image, which means when we fall, we are still made in God's image.

Our having nothing in ourselves is to say nothing of our flesh can choose God, but this does not disallow the will made in God's image to come to the cross to be drawn and called to receive His saving grace. If it was so, we would be robots under calvinism and in effect not having ever been made in God's image for such an image can never be lost or degraded as they would have you believe.

This is a sad heresy of calvinism. We should not prostrate ourselves before God pretentiously in worship of some god who says just they are premade that way while others are predesigned for hell. This of course is utterly evil.

As you requested, your account has been removed, though you have not been banned, so as to lead you to Christ. My prayers go out to you for true repentance.