PDA

View Full Version : Dates

Churchwork
04-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Dates

55 A.D, Paul wrote 1 Cor. 15, “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures” (v.3). This is the standard documentation of the historicity of tradition being kept for an ancient text! “If Christ be not risen, then [is] our preaching vain, and your faith [is] also vain” (v.14). Paul is declaring that sincerely the reality of his beliefs.

51 A.D., Paul preached at Corinth (2nd and later the 3rd missionary journey).

35 A.D., Paul met Peter and James in Jerusalem, just a few short years after the death of Jesus: “Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days” (Gal. 1.18). Stephen brought Paul to see Peter and James. Later, Stephen was stoned to death by the Sanhedrin council of Jews for explaining the faith. What did Paul receive from Peter and James? “And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep” (1 Cor. 15.5,6). Jesus was seen by at least 11 different group settings. This is all a fairly tight network!

32 A.D., Paul was converted one and half years after the cross and Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus.

30 A.D. Jesus died on the cross.

Given these dates, this was very early move!