PDA

View Full Version : The Distinction of God's 3 Persons

Churchwork
04-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Question 3 - Do you believe God is 3 Persons, the Godhead is not a Person or one of the 3 Persons, God is one substance, not gods or beings, you’re not God in nature, grace or life; and the Godhead is not mentally revealed first, but intuitively in the spirit?

I added this part to the question: "you're not God in nature, grace or life" because some people like to call themselves God... and then they rationalize all the different ways they think they are God, but not in the Godhead. This the most cunning and unethical teaching I have ever known in Christendom because it is so doubletongued. Those lost in this theosis (http://biblocality.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2025&postcount=1) (including many in the EOC) teaching who believe it, are allowed to put themselves right next to God of the Bible by also calling themselves God to allow Satan to confuse the word "God" into other things. We would lose our place in harmony with God's kingdom if such a teaching were true.

This is even worse than Mormonism (though deeply wrong also). Mormons say that God is gods or different beings and then say they are going to be gods themselves. They don't come right out and say they are God. They don't say they are going to be one of the beings of this depersonalized God of beings, but that they will be gods who will rule over planets. This is not God's way, and certainly calling oneself God is not God's way for His children either. You can sense the puffiness in these teachings which are unjustified because they can not be substantiated in the Word of God.

These are the teachings of the unregenerates.

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?" (John 10.34-36). These were kings, and thus, gods was used as a relative term to the people to describe these kings. It was also used because Christ Jesus would be the Son of God. God had to call some people gods relative to others to show if such sinners could be called, how much more the Son of God? Today, the same condition applies, but we are never to become or be called God in life, nature or grace. We have God's life, eternal life, and His Spirit indwelling, but we can not say we are going to become gods, for the only sense this was ever used in the Bible was to speak of kings in the OT as a relative term towards others.

God presides over heaven's court; he pronounces judgment on the judges: (Psalms 82.1) - Those highest judges and leaders, not all of Israel, just like today, not all of the Church. Only some are Apostles in the Church.
"How long will you judges hand down unjust decisions?" (v.2) - those leaders of Israel.
I said, Ye are gods, And all of you sons of the Most High. (v.6) - the leaders are gods.
Nevertheless ye shall die like men, And fall like one of the princes. - gods don't die unless these gods are not diefied, divine or God.
"And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people; and it shall come to pass, that he shall be to thee a mouth, and thou shalt be to him as God." (Ex. 4.16) - note it says here as though like God, not actually God. Moses was the leader of Israel.
"Then the LORD said to Moses, "Pay close attention to this. I will make you seem like God to Pharaoh." (Ex. 7.1) - Again, "seem like" God, not actually God or deified gods, but relative to others, because he is a leader to Israel.

Divinization is to make divine. Divine means to be a deity or have the nature of a deity. We who have eternal life have God's nature, but are not divine in the sense of being a diety. What I have learned from this study is that Satan is playing with words and splicing them to confuse souls by giving one word different meanings to bring pride in and false teachings. Hence, the need for question 3 (http://biblocality.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2025&postcount=1).