PDA

View Full Version : Non-Christians can't see what we see

Churchwork
11-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Non-Christians do not see the body, and we Christians can see the lack in the one who does not see the body of Christ either because they are unregenerated or because they do not concern themselves with the body of Christ, though saved. They may even know the body of Christ factually, but not the reality of the body, and we who have this awareness in our inner man or inner woman, can sense this too in others. It is not difficult at all to notice this about others in just there first few spoken words or very actions themselves.

Partrib

Must Clearly See the Body of Christ

The oneness of the body of Christ is based on the knowledge of body life. First we recognize that the life we have is one life before we experience the oneness in this life. The lack of such knowledge is a tremendous loss for us. Let me speak frankly that one who does not see the body of Christ will never sense any difference between himself and the person who sees it. But to one who has seen the body, he will notice a great lack in the other person who does not see the body. Though an unsaved person may look upon a saved individual as being almost the same as he is, a saved person will find a huge deficiency in the unsaved one.

Concerning Practice

Having taken the first step, we can now take the second. The first step is related to the word of God; the second is related to us. First the word of God, then the outworking of His word in our lives. The first and foremost thing we each need to learn in the body of Christ is to seek to know the object of my submission. I should know who is ahead of me. Most of the authorities recorded in the Scriptures are delegated authorities, not direct authorities. What we each must learn is not who should submit to me, but to whom should I submit. For example, in the office I need not inquire who my subordinates are; rather, I need first to inquire who my boss is. If you go to work as a maid in a household, you do not need to question who are the children, but you certainly need to inquire who the master of the house is.

Now by following the movement of the inner life we will naturally find out to whom we should submit ourselves. Let us not think that submission causes uneasiness; as a matter of fact, submission gives delight. Not to submit is what makes one uncomfortable! Before there can be coordination in body life, there must be mutual submission. Such coordination will then be most beautiful. Yet real submission can only come by the operation of the inner life and not by any external cause. It is not right nor spiritual if submission is given purely because of higher position or more wealth. For that is how the world obtains submission. No, our submission should be the result of the demand of the inner life, not the requirement of outward causes.

Such submission may indeed cause us to shed tears; nevertheless, there is rejoicing in our hearts. Though distressed, yet we are gladdened by having done it. Sometimes the object of our submission may give us troubles; even so, we still can say, Amen. This is genuine submission. (Revive Thy Work, CFP, W. Nee).