PDA

View Full Version : Why do we read the Bible?

Churchwork
04-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Why do we read the Bible?

We read the Word of God because Jesus is the Word whom we have a relationship since He created us, He wants to be with us, and walk with us. We are able to have this relationship because our spirit has been made new for the Holy Spirit to indwell to receive God's mind.

Those who do not want to be with the One who created them will go to hell. That is their choice. My grandmother is 86 and does not believe. She is going to hell. I can NOT convince her to come to the cross to receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I can't convince my mother or father, sister or brother. When I was born-again, I was shocked to discover all my family members were non-believers. How dull and dry they are. This a glory to God that I can not convince them because they are made in the image of God to have the right to refuse the truth, no matter convincing the proof is supplied to them.

In fact I can't even convince one relative in my family to give their lives to Christ. I can't convince my cousin, who does not speak to me anymore since being saved. Everyone is quite estranged all because I have died on the cross with Christ and received eternal life. But a friend I have had from long ago, is good friends with me now because he is a brother in Christ. Christ wants to be with me and has told me through the Holy Spirit, but He did not want to be with me before I was saved since I too called him a liar as do the unsaved do now. I may have not said exactly these words, but it was the essence of the heart of one who does not believe. For Jesus said if you are not for Him, you are against Him.

The fruit of the Spirit that I have now has never been known before with such depth and sincerity, with such peace, love, patience, and long-suffering which run far deeper than natural affections, desires, feelings and sensations. It is truly beautiful. It it is for you too if you are will to believe which requires you to give up self for the cross.

Praise the Lord! This is the way of the Lord,

www3.telus.net/trbrooks/t...helord.htm (http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/thewayofthelord.htm)