PDA

View Full Version : Christian guidance

Churchwork
03-25-2006, 05:58 PM
In the practice of obedience the believer goes through the following steps.

1) Willingness to do God's will.

"If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or [whether] I speak of myself" (John 7.17).

2) Revelation of that will to his intuition by the Holy Spirit.

"Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord [is]" (Eph. 5.17).

3) Strengthening by God to will His will.

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure" (Phil. 2.13).

4) Strethening by God to do His will.

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure" (Phil. 2.13).

We must draw upon the power of the Holy Spirit to work out His will. Why must a Christian draw upon the power of the Holy Spirit? Because alone the will is very weak by itself: "I can will what is right, but I cannot do it" (Rom. 7.18).

One must be strengthened in the inner man (the spirit) by the Holy Spirit before he can practically obey God. Therefore, God first works in us to will and then works in us to work for His good pleasure (Phil. 2.13).

God works from inner to outer, while Satan works from outer to inner. God works from the Spirit to the spirit in the inner man, while Satan works through environment, coming upon the outerman (soul and body) from the world since Satan is the god of this world. God activates the conscience in the intution of the spirit, while Satan stimulates the soul with mental gymnastics beyond the leading of the Holy Spirit.