PDA

View Full Version : How Does God Select and Appoint Apostles

qh93536
03-14-2006, 04:10 PM
If God is going to select you as an Apostle, there is a process that he will put you through. It is a consecration where he will try you, test you and test you again. He will put you through the worst period you have ever had in your life, just to see if you will stay with him or turn away. He will test you by sending you places to do service for him. Sometimes it will be to test your courage, sometimes to test your obedience, and sometimes to test your trust. Or, it may be all three. Then, he will put you in the middle of the wilderness where you have no choice but to trust him, because there will be no other way. He will test your love for him. He will test your trust. He will test your faith and he will test your obedience. This consecratory period will last anywhere between two and five years, depending how quickly you mature in spirit. If you resist and do things to get out of what you are going through, it could take longer. He MUST be absolutely positive he can trust you before he will designate you as an Apostle. The ministry that he gives you MUST always, and must only be about Him. It can never be about you. When he finally allows you to “Cross the Jordan”, you will be walking in the power of God. Your gifting will be of such a magnitude that not only will you be able to heal anything, you will be able to raise the dead. God’s favor and blessing will fall on you and your health will be maintained.

For those of you who believe that they are apostles who were designated directly from God, if you have not been through a consecratory process and/or if you have no gifting, then you are only an apostle in your own mind.

Churchwork
03-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Let me just point out the part that is false. Apostles are not chosen by God by gifting. God will never commission an Apostle by gifts. A prophet has the gift of prophecy. A teacher has the gift of teaching. And an evangelist has the gift of evangelizing, but an Apostle, though he certainly has at least one gift, his work in the Ministry is not based on gifting.

You will have to correct your stance.

qh93536
03-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Let me just point out the part that is false. Apostles are not chosen by God by gifting. God will never commission an Apostle by gifts. A prophet has the gift of prophecy. A teacher has the gift of teaching. And an evangelist has the gift of evangelizing, but an Apostle, though he certainly has at least one gift, his work in the Ministry is not based on gifting.

You will have to correct your stance.

I do not have to correct anything, but I choose to because you are somewhat correct.

Churchwork
03-14-2006, 04:29 PM
What I have told you is the truth. Never think Apostles are commissioned by God by gifts. This is wrong of you to believe this. Never is this the reason.

Be not doubletongued. Do not say you don't have to correct yourself and then say you have corrected yourself. Moreover, don't say you choose to correct yourself, when nothing in your words indicate you have accepted correction, as you merely say "somewhat" as vague as the wind. Vagaries are if anything inconsiderate.

You were removed because you said you were an Elder of a meeting place and accepted the Apostles' agreement to use the Meeting Place Finder, but belligerently never consider entering your meeting place or joining the Elder of a meeting place group. This behavior is a contradiction with what you agreed to after having asked you several times. Belligerency will not do.

See Board Etiquette VI.4,6 (http://biblocality.com/forums/rules.php#rules) in which you were in violation of the 3 Rules of the forum. If your thought was on abiding in Christ, you would not have been obstinate. May I say the Holy Spirit has revealed to me you have this independency and a self-exaltation spirit which creates dissension in your heart. Let it go. Let it die on the cross. In your few short words, contradictions and avoidances, it is most apparent.