PDA

View Full Version : Court Sprints at Racquetball is the Secret

Parture
10-22-2017, 05:46 PM
Court sprints at racquetball is the secret.

In the first picture you want to keep moving side to side until you drop. Don't go all the way from side wall to side wall, because what you are trying to do is simulate returning the drive serve so just dart the distance you would go to retrieve the drive serve.

Second picture: You don't want too many dart points because no rally would ever last that long. At most 8 dart points is enough. Swing and bend down at each point mixing up your bending down with your left leg and other times with your right leg.

This third picture works on moving not side to side (in the first picture) or forward (in the 2nd picture), but at angles. This sprint has 5 bending down points which is usually more than enough. In this 3rd video after doing one side reverse the lines and do the other side.

I saw a Cliff Swain video on sprints, and I considered it wrong training because the sprints took place in a gym and the distances were too far from point to point.

Doing all 4 sprints is one set. Do 4 or 5 sets. If you go lie down on a mat after you are done you will be amazed at how much you have drenched the mat. I have never breathed so heavily and my heart raced so fast.

Take little breaks not just between sets but also between each sprint, like you would in racquetball between each rally. I like to sit down after I complete one set. I rest longer between sets than I would between each sprint.

Parture
10-23-2017, 10:21 PM
Also you want to put a light weight in your hand not too much heavier than your racquet to swing with at each arrow point.