PDA

View Full Version : Many People Confirmed that Joseph Smith Borrowed from Solomon Spalding to write BofM

Nottheworld
02-08-2016, 02:18 AM
Joseph Smith was such a fraud, stealing from Solomon Spalding.

Joseph Smith was not the first to make up Lehi and Nephi. These names were in the fictional record of Solomon Spalding.

Henry Lake - business partner (Sept., 1833) of Solomon Spalding, said "I well recollect telling Mr. Spalding that the so frequent use of the words, 'And it came to pass', 'Now it came to pass' rendered it ridiculous...."

Aaron Wright - neighbor (Aug., 1833) said, "...the lost tribes of Israel...were the first settlers of America."

"Spalding had many other manuscripts, which I expect to see when Smith translates them in his other plates."

Art Cunningham - creditor (Aug., 1833) said, "The Mormon Bible I have partially examined, and am fully of the opinion that Solomon Spalding had written its outlines before he left Conneaut."

Manuscript Found used the names of Lehi, Nephi, Morona, Mormon very similar to BofM.

In the Manuscript Story (not Manuscript Found which is lost, but it is even more like the BofM) the Spalding themes were:
1. Old world to new world travel
2. Fear of being capsized
3. New world elephants and horses
4. Race and skin color
5. Division into two groups
6. Charges to avoid intermarriage
7. System of judges
8. Messiah-like figure & period of peace
9. War

Same Phrases
1. at the head of
2. march towards the land
3. overthrow and destruction
4. band of murderers
5. determined to conquer
6. immense slaughter
...and many more

Spalding Name Formations - He takes root words and makes many names out of them
Just as one example, "Amm" - Ammaron (4 Ne), Ammon (Alma 20), Ammonite (Alma 56), Ammonihah (Alma 16), Ammonihahite (Alma 16), and my favorite Ammoron (Almah 54). The Mormon should remind himself, "I am a moron."

The hotspots for these things show up in Mosiah, Alma, Ether in the BofM so Spalding didn't write all of the BofM. Rigdon, Cowdery, Pratt, Isaiah/Malachi comprised the rest of the book of Mormon in their previous writings. Nothing could be found that was original from Joseph Smith. You can basically reproduce the BofM for its themes, phrases, proper nouns, plagiarism, and frequently used words.

This quote by Sidney Rigdon (who added the religious context to the BofM) attacking Matilda, Joseph Smith's ex-wife, in 1839 might some up the whole of Mormonism: "...a pious lie, you know, has a good deal more influence with an ignorant people than a profane one." Learning to lie in Mormonism is an essential part of their faith, for the good and the bad, yin and the yang, are all part of the Mormon god's lesson in the Garden of Eden in Utah, the video seen in Mormon temples.

Rigdon and Cowdery (cows, cowardly) wrote most of the Book of Commandments which had no Spalding references, after all Spalding was dead. They also wrote the missing 116 pages of the BofM. It seems to me you had these characters working together to produce a work, and Joseph Smith was the salesman. After all he went to jail for trying to rip people off and escaped from jail.

Some important changes attributed to Cowdery: BC 4:1-4 to D&C 5:4; BC 9 to D&C 10: 40-43.

Think of all this as the unholy trinity of Rigdon, Cowdery and Smith (when I say Smith I mean Spalding). Smith really had no original ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GPjfbXTQco#t=600.6209702