PDA

View Full Version : Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Exalts Abraham Like Mormons Do. What's Up With That?

Churchwork
02-02-2016, 05:13 PM
What's with these cults exalting Abraham like in Mormonism!

Pastor Chris said "the seed of Abraham is not Isaac!!!" in a very aggressive tone. He had to contain himself with some self-help techniques. This was serious anti-Semitic sentiment by this entirely black crowd from Nigeria.

But Romans 9.7 says "Being descendants of Abraham doesn’t make them truly Abraham’s children. For the Scriptures say, 'Isaac is the son through whom your descendants will be counted,' [Gen. 21.12] though Abraham had other children, too."

It is through the offspring of Isaac the Messiah would be born that is why they are called descendants. Israel remains a nation, but in terms of salvation only those looking to the Messiah would be saved.

Also, he gets the crowd to repeat the phrase, "I know who I AM, I know who I AM". I thought only God the Father and the God the Son and God the Spirit are I AM.

He is very subtle with his choice of words so it is hard to detect something is wrong there, but these two issues seem to be a beginning point of the theology he is creating for his fans. He mentions "prosperity" several times. Same old, same old. He has over $50 million. Is that really necessary? He doesn't need more than a couple hundred thousand dollars in his kitty litter if that.

The usual road these pastors go down is claiming they are God and building a theology from there. All you have to do is add a t to his name and you get Christ. Maybe one day he will declare that He is Jesus.

Or they reject the bloodline of Jesus for another bloodline like Mormons do in the Americas 600 BC to ultimately claim the New Jerusalem will be in Missouri, USA. Weird stuff like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giVuBOw8_vU